The War on Drugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: The War on Drugs
(15-07-2014 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea and the vast majority of people don't need him too.
But this is the real world and the real world shows that some people do require big brother to take care of them for whatever reason.

The law regarding hard drugs effects those that are effected by hard drug consumption. I don't imagine you'd start doing meth if it was legal, so what's the issue?

So then you want to ban alcohol? That is far more widespread and destructive than any "hard drug".

Alcohol is different because as you say, it's widespread. It's everywhere, it's part of our culture. Meth isn't. It's too late to back pedal on alcohol. And considering the ease in which it's made and the demand for it is very high it's impractical, as history has shown us.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2014, 08:10 AM
(15-07-2014 05:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 08:43 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Liberty depends on personal responsibility.
When I was a child my parents were responsible for me. Now that I'm an adult I'm responsible for myself. I don't need nor want Big Brother to take care of me.

Yea and the vast majority of people don't need him too.
But this is the real world and the real world shows that some people do require big brother to take care of them for whatever reason.

The law regarding hard drugs effects those that are effected by hard drug consumption. I don't imagine you'd start doing meth if it was legal, so what's the issue?

The issue is about me having the actual power to decide for myself what I will put in my body. That and the power to decide what products buy and sell. It's the principle.
There is no need for the law to punish me. Nature will do that job just fine.
As for those that do need Big Brother, that's their problem. Perhaps they need a lesson in personal responsibility.
16-07-2014, 08:37 AM
(16-07-2014 04:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-07-2014 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So then you want to ban alcohol? That is far more widespread and destructive than any "hard drug".

Alcohol is different because as you say, it's widespread. It's everywhere, it's part of our culture. Meth isn't. It's too late to back pedal on alcohol. And considering the ease in which it's made and the demand for it is very high it's impractical, as history has shown us.

Meth is far easier to manufacture than alcohol. Plus with legalisation you can fix some of the major bad sides of meth.

1: Money, I'm not talking a taxpayer here. Meth is the #1 moneymaker for drug cartels it is cheap to make and has a bigger marker than cocaine or heroin. Criminals use it to bankroll their operations. Cut them off from this and they would be hard pressed to find a replacement.

2: Quality of the Product. Much like any illegal drug Meth gets cut with weird and deadly shit all the time. Leglise the product, regulate it, have quality control on it, and you have eliminated a big chunk of the deaths related to meth use right there.

I am in favor of rehab over jail time for drug addicts. Jail does not work long term, cause lets face it your cousin may be off the smack for the moment but what happens the second he gets out and his dealer calls him up? Maybe this time he will stay clean or more likely he will be right back doing what got him in jail in the first place because they solved a symptom not the problem.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense