The Way the Truth and the Life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2014 04:25 PM by Mr Woof.)
The Way the Truth and the Life.
One of the most disputatious claims of the Christian religion is the dogma that those who do not observe Jesus as a means of salvation are banned from any prospective and better after life. It is held by many that a fall occurred (how, why, where?) and Jesus, through his blood offering is the only way for forgiveness. We are seen as tainted before our births, for unknowable acts, only to be saved by a human blood offering....

Research indicates that this exclusivity, for those that ponder such matters, is waining in Christian circles;this is a good sign. Any claim that a passive turning to Jesus for eternal life, whatever such could possibly mean, turns off all reasoning. It is claimed in this dogma that even good works, our best efforts, sincere ethical pursuits based on our best reasoning is inadequate, as only a turning to the one God (or should that be three) is the only path to any perceived after life.

Quite clearly all other religions, except perhaps Islam and Judaism,in one fell swoop have been seen as usurpers to any spiritual, even after life, contemplations. The reincarnation of Hinduism, Buddhism (in some instances of that view) are seen as wild speculations worthy of all contempt. Other views, not of 'the Book' are viewed with similar disdain.

This encapsulation of God by Christianity, may be viewed as dogmatic, even grossly offensive, by freethinker, atheist, agnostic, and spiritual ponderer alike.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 12:37 AM
RE: The Way the Truth and the Life.
(27-12-2014 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  One of the most disputatious claims of the Christian religion is the dogma that those who do not observe Jesus as a means of salvation are banned from any prospective and better after life. It is held by many that a fall occurred (how, why, where?) and Jesus, through his blood offering is the only way for forgiveness. We are seen as tainted before our births, for unknowable acts, only to be saved by a human blood offering....

Research indicates that this exclusivity, for those that ponder such matters, is waining in Christian circles;this is a good sign. Any claim that a passive turning to Jesus for eternal life, whatever such could possibly mean, turns off all reasoning. It is claimed in this dogma that even good works, our best efforts, sincere ethical pursuits based on our best reasoning is inadequate, as only a turning to the one God (or should that be three) is the only path to any perceived after life.

Quite clearly all other religions, except perhaps Islam and Judaism,in one fell swoop have been seen as usurpers to any spiritual, even after life, contemplations. The reincarnation of Hinduism, Buddhism (in some instances of that view) are seen as wild speculations worthy of all contempt. Other views, not of 'the Book' are viewed with similar disdain.

This encapsulation of God by Christianity, may be viewed as dogmatic, even grossly offensive, by freethinker, atheist, agnostic, and spiritual ponderer alike.

Actually, it's worse: If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you go to hell. That's it.

None of the theology matters compared to that one simple fact: believe or burn.

Who gives a shit if it's offensive? Who cares if you find it elitist or excluding? You have the knowledge, you have me screaming at you, you have your own personal contemplations. God is calling you. If you still won't believe then you are damned in the life hereafter. And yeah, God will do that to you. God is the god of warm puppies and throat cancer. He will put people in hell.

Now, what does it mean to "believe in Jesus." The best thing to do is study the dialogue Jesus has with the thief on the cross. That is the simplest example of salvation. Don't be stupid Mr. Woof. It's not worth it to be stupid. No
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 01:05 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Actually, it's worse: If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you go to hell. That's it.

And the Muslims say the same thing about Mohammed and Allah.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  None of the theology matters compared to that one simple fact: believe or burn.

That's not a fact, that's a baseless assertion devoid of all evidence.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Who gives a shit if it's offensive? Who cares if you find it elitist or excluding? You have the knowledge, you have me screaming at you, you have your own personal contemplations.

If we all believed every crazy shit-fucker that came along with a god-talks-to-me-story, we'd all be so busy jumping from one delusional hack to the next that we'd never get anything done. In order for us to be stupid and credulous enough to believe you, we'd also have to be stupid and credulous enough to buy into the ravings of the homeless schizophrenic down the street who screams about Reploids and mind-control rays.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  God is calling you.

No. All I've seen is countless people claiming to speak for a god, I've yet to see a god speak for itself.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  If you still won't believe then you are damned in the life hereafter. And yeah, God will do that to you. God is the god of warm puppies and throat cancer. He will put people in hell.

Assertions made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Now, what does it mean to "believe in Jesus."

Whatever the con-man needs it to mean. Historically this has involved 10% of your income or the 'donation' of all your worldly possessions.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  The best thing to do is study the dialogue Jesus has with the thief on the cross.

The anonymously written accounts by non-eyewitnesses written (at best) decades after the supposed events. That being said, I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  That is the simplest example of salvation. Don't be stupid Mr. Woof. It's not worth it to be stupid. No

Don't bet on infinity jackass.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-12-2014, 12:56 AM
(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 04:21 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  One of the most disputatious claims of the Christian religion is the dogma that those who do not observe Jesus as a means of salvation are banned from any prospective and better after life. It is held by many that a fall occurred (how, why, where?) and Jesus, through his blood offering is the only way for forgiveness. We are seen as tainted before our births, for unknowable acts, only to be saved by a human blood offering....

Actually, it's worse: If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you go to hell. That's it.

Who gives a shit if it's offensive? Who cares if you find it elitist or excluding? You have the knowledge, you have me screaming at you, you have your own personal contemplations. God is calling you. If you still won't believe then you are damned in the life hereafter. And yeah, God will do that to you. God is the god of warm puppies and throat cancer. He will put people in hell.

Now, what does it mean to "believe in Jesus." The best thing to do is study the dialogue Jesus has with the thief on the cross. That is the simplest example of salvation. Don't be stupid Mr. Woof. It's not worth it to be stupid. No>

Is that one or two billion years of burning, and what was the initial transgression?
29-12-2014, 01:04 AM
(29-12-2014 12:56 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 12:37 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Actually, it's worse: If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you go to hell. That's it.

Now, what does it mean to "believe in Jesus." The best thing to do is study the dialogue Jesus has with the thief on the cross. That is the simplest example of salvation. Don't be stupid Mr. Woof. It's not worth it to be stupid. No>

Is that one or two billion years of burning, and what was the initial transgression?

Not feeding an allegedly perfect being's vanity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-12-2014, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 02:02 AM by Gordon.)
(29-12-2014 12:56 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Is that one or two billion years of burning, and what was the initial transgression?

I have not done a detailed study of hell based on the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. But hell is eternal--I suppose. I mean God can do whatever He wants with that.

But the initial transgression? You know I don't consider the rest of the Bible to be in any way the word of God, only the Gospels, and in the Gospels, its all about the sin we've done in this life--our sin, not anyone else's sin.

The very first sin I can remember was stealing a pen out of a kids desk. My mom and dad were together then, so I must have been 6 or 7. I got caught. And the kid was all pissed off at me, even though he got it back. I thought the ball point pen was so cool. And the little bastard had a whole fist of them, all different colors, all kept together by a rubber band. And he was always showing them off. Back then I was shamed in front of the whole class (it was a Christian school). So, I've spent most of my life just wanting to behead the little fucker ISIS style and take the whole damn bundle of pens. Even today, I'm obsessed with what new pens are out on the office supply shelf at Walmart.

Ahem...Unsure

The good news is, that I can tell God I'm sorry, because I realize I'm nothing like Jesus whom he sent. I deserve to be punished, but Jesus didn't, and I know that. And because of his example, I'm aware of my sin and how I haven't measured up to what God wanted from me. And even though I don't deserve it, even though I don't measure up, even though I'm black inside, I don't want to be, and I sure do respect someone like Jesus who is free of all that, and I hope he'll remember me when I come to the gates of his kingdom. Because I can't seem to save myself. But maybe if I'm with him...I'll be alright.

So, I don't care about Adam and Eve's sin. I don't have to go back that far to realize I need a savior. The sin never goes away. It remains forever.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2014 05:25 AM by Bucky Ball.)

If Jesus existed, he was a Jew. Jews did not believe in hell. They thought ALL the dead resided in Sheol. Sheol was neither heaven nor hell. The salvation paradigm was cooked up after Jebus' time, by his followers to justify the ongoing cult after the end-times did not arrive as they had expected. The Jews did not believe in immortality the way Second Grade level idiots who have never actually studied that religion think they did. Some sects in Judaism developed a concept of immortality as the Apocalyptic period developed.

Zoroaster and Mithra and Isis said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Light." Buddha and Lao Tzu said the very same thing. Most of the Jebus myths were stolen from other myth systems. ("born of a virgin", "with shepherds present", "the Son of God" and "the Good Shepherd", pictured carrying a lamb on his shoulders, "communion" observed by the followers, Spring equinox (Estra) the "40 days" which later became Christian Lent. Mithras was finally placed in a rock tomb called "Petra." After three days he was removed with giant celebrations, festivals and joy.

The followers of Mithras believed that there would be a "day of judgment" when non-believers would perish and believers would live in a heaven or "paradise" (a Persian word) forever and ever. All these concepts were taken by the Christian cult into their rituals. Paul, who never knew Jesus, took all of these mythological themes and attached them to Jesus, building his Christ mythology. He took Jesus out of Judaism and borrowed the Mithraic Sun-day instead of the Hebrew Sabbath. All of the Mithraic holy days were used to fill in this mythological construct: Christmas, Easter, Lent, and the spring resurrection festival. The Christian "Mass" was, and is, the old sacrament of the Mithraic "taurobolia" (a symbol of a divine sacrifice and of the saving effect of blood). Blood having a "saving effect" is not a Jewish notion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post