The Well to Hell in Siberia.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 12:08 PM
The Well to Hell in Siberia.
Anyone ever heard of the story about the Russians allegedly drilling a hole in Siberia and recording screams on a microphone. I know it's a hoax, but still, why do Christians continue to perpetuate it?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: The Well to Hell in Siberia.
You need to ask?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2016, 03:10 PM
They still push the Durupinar site in Turkey as evidence for the Noahtic flood myth. It pops up every few months as a "stunning!" discovery.

A common error I see apologists make is to strawman an old scientific story like Piltdown man to discredit evolution and science in general.

Piltdown man is actually an example where scientists debunked a false story and scientists eventually found that it was a hoax.

It serves as a narrative towards religious myths when they come under the same scientific scrutiny, they should not be believed when evidence shows them as myth.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Is this not the second thread on this subject by this same poster?

I am beginning to suspect Mr Sceptical is not sceptical at all.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
02-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm starting to agree with you, Banjo. I'm getting a little tired of these.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-06-2016, 08:17 PM
It's an urban legend. Christians will associate with anything that supposedly proves their religion right.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-06-2016, 08:26 PM
If you're paying any attention at all - you'll notice that xtian's "proof" of such mystical things as "god", "heaven", "hell" and the rest tend to be an awful lot like "proof" of UFO's, Sasquatch, and the Loch Ness Monster. They tend to be blurry pictures, unverifiable testimony, and in virtually inaccessible places thus negating the possibility of anyone actually trying to verify such "proof".............

All you're left with is "belief"......... of "faith"...........

A pretty loose interpretation of "proof", if ya ask me...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-06-2016, 08:38 AM
Oh, that Siberia thing... Found the recording utterly amusing, especially because the Weismuller Tarzan scream is in it, twice I think.
[+] 4 users Like Bongzrgood's post