The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
15-10-2015, 10:08 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread
As I get older, I become more militant of my non "belief" and other's trying to force me or my family into their belief system.

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like HawkofFreedom's post
10-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Today is my Avatar’s birthday. He died eight years ago and not a day goes by I don’t think of him. I would trade the two dogs I have now for him in a heartbeat. The dogs I have now are good dogs, it’s not their fault that I haven’t bonded with them as deeply as I did with my Avatar but he will always be irreplaceable so these two will be my last dogs.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
10-12-2015, 09:28 PM
(10-12-2015 09:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Today is my Avatar’s birthday. He died eight years ago and not a day goes by I don’t think of him. I would trade the two dogs I have now for him in a heartbeat. The dogs I have now are good dogs, it’s not their fault that I haven’t bonded with them as deeply as I did with my Avatar but he will always be irreplaceable so these two will be my last dogs.

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-12-2015, 09:36 PM
(10-12-2015 09:14 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Today is my Avatar’s birthday. He died eight years ago and not a day goes by I don’t think of him. I would trade the two dogs I have now for him in a heartbeat. The dogs I have now are good dogs, it’s not their fault that I haven’t bonded with them as deeply as I did with my Avatar but he will always be irreplaceable so these two will be my last dogs.

double Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-12-2015, 01:25 AM
*hug*
11-12-2015, 02:43 AM

WeepingWeepingWeeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-12-2015, 02:45 AM
(15-10-2015 10:08 AM)HawkofFreedom Wrote:  As I get older, I become more militant of my non "belief" and other's trying to force me or my family into their belief system.

It must be terrible to have to hide oneself, as I have seen many here have to do.

I am posting here to applaud two things.
1. Your stance on protecting your family from BS.
2. Your avatar. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
11-12-2015, 07:03 AM
(15-10-2015 10:08 AM)HawkofFreedom Wrote:  As I get older, I become more militant of my non "belief" and other's trying to force me or my family into their belief system.
I've found that the opposite is true for me, though I admit that's largely thanks to the way people handle religion in Germany and the Czech Republic. It's a private matter that has no significant place in the public space for the most part.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-12-2015, 09:32 PM
So work has sucked for a while. Now I find out the company has been sold and my employment status in the future is up in the air. My car is wrecked, not my fault, and I am still sore from the accident. We are pretty sure my younger daughter is using meth...she seldom even sees her kids and her living situation is awful.

I have usually been a strong person who takes on the challenges of life. But...I no longer feel strong. It's scary. I hate it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-12-2015, 09:45 PM
(20-12-2015 09:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So work has sucked for a while. Now I find out the company has been sold and my employment status in the future is up in the air. My car is wrecked, not my fault, and I am still sore from the accident. We are pretty sure my younger daughter is using meth...she seldom even sees her kids and her living situation is awful.

I have usually been a strong person who takes on the challenges of life. But...I no longer feel strong. It's scary. I hate it.

Hug Good luck with your situations!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post