The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
24-02-2016, 04:10 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(24-02-2016 03:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's going on 7 weeks. I haven't found a new job yet, and I'm feeling quite scared about the very immediate future.

That's hard and I'm sorry to hear that. I have a FlexJobs account, so if you want to check it out and see if there's anything interesting there, I'd be happy to send you the info/contact info for those jobs. Just PM me which jobs/links.

"The danger of religious faith is that it allows otherwise normal human beings to reap the fruits of madness and consider them holy." - Sam Harris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like philosopher's post
24-02-2016, 04:39 PM
(24-02-2016 03:14 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's going on 7 weeks. I haven't found a new job yet, and I'm feeling quite scared about the very immediate future.

I got laid off a few years ago in the recession caused by the housing market collapse or 9/11 or both.

There simply weren't a lot of high-tech jobs for a couple of years, so I took whatever work I could find. I worked for a caterer, serving and tending bar at functions; I parked cars; I got a couple of very brief consulting gigs; I bought, restored, and sold some watches.

The catering gig often paid pretty well and it was cash. But it was humbling.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2016, 04:50 PM
(24-02-2016 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I got laid off a few years ago in the recession caused by the housing market collapse or 9/11 or both.

There simply weren't a lot of high-tech jobs for a couple of years, so I took whatever work I could find. I worked for a caterer, serving and tending bar at functions; I parked cars; I got a couple of very brief consulting gigs; I bought, restored, and sold some watches.

Hug You have my sympathy...it has been a tough few years for us too...I hope things get better for you.
24-02-2016, 04:51 PM
(24-02-2016 04:50 PM)carol Wrote:  
(24-02-2016 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  I got laid off a few years ago in the recession caused by the housing market collapse or 9/11 or both.

Hug You have my sympathy...it has been a tough few years for us too...I hope things get better for you.

Thanks - that was several years ago and I made it through.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-02-2016, 04:56 PM
My plans for today didn't turn out. In fact they were opposite of everything I hoped the day would bring. Still I'm trying to smile. If only to hide the sadness.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-02-2016, 05:10 PM
(24-02-2016 04:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My plans for today didn't turn out. In fact they were opposite of everything I hoped the day would bring. Still I'm trying to smile. If only to hide the sadness.

Heart I hope tomorrow brings you a better day.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
24-02-2016, 05:41 PM
(24-02-2016 04:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My plans for today didn't turn out. In fact they were opposite of everything I hoped the day would bring. Still I'm trying to smile. If only to hide the sadness.

That's the sort of day where I drive to the weed store.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-02-2016, 06:10 PM
I am putting my house up for sale but if I don't sell it in 2 months I will have to turn it back to the mortgage company and ruin my credit. I will also be homeless.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
24-02-2016, 07:19 PM
(24-02-2016 06:10 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I am putting my house up for sale but if I don't sell it in 2 months I will have to turn it back to the mortgage company and ruin my credit. I will also be homeless.

Hug

I am so sorry...
I hope you sell it in time,- do you have friends or family you can stay with? Did you call the mortage people and try to work with them?
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
24-02-2016, 08:55 PM
(24-02-2016 06:10 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I am putting my house up for sale but if I don't sell it in 2 months I will have to turn it back to the mortgage company and ruin my credit. I will also be homeless.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post