The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
29-03-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(29-03-2016 07:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 07:16 PM)carol Wrote:  Hug Thanks, I am a little scared.

I was lucky that I didn't have to go through chemo or radiation but I sure know the anxiety of waiting for test results.

My first cancer was when I was 35. I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma, and the treatment was just so severe- MOPP, APV, radiation...a year of chemo, six weeks of radiation..and the treatment I had back then caused problems, including the secondary cancers I am getting now. This time, it was cancer in my thyroid, which they took out, and I had radiation. I am going in to see if there is anything metastasized tomorrow, and to get radioactive iodine. The treatment for Hodgkin's saved my life and it was the best they could do 24 years ago, but the secondary cancers caused by the treatments I had in the past are beating me up- I hate knowing that I will just get cancer again eventually, so getting myself back in shape and trying to keep on going when I know that I will most likely get sick again is hard. I do it, but it is a battle to keep trying sometimes.

The worst thing is no cheese- am on a low iodine diet....no cheeseShocking When this radiation is done, and I can eat cheese again, I will eat too much cheese...and then go back on a diet. And when I get stronger back on the stairmaster...and then go somewhere fun...at least that is what I hope tomorrow brings.

Thanks for caring, you have a loving heart.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
29-03-2016, 07:53 PM
You are all wonderful. Thank you very much. Heart

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
29-03-2016, 07:55 PM
(29-03-2016 07:53 PM)carol Wrote:  You are all wonderful. Thank you very much. Heart

Here's to only good results and lots of cheese in your future Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
29-03-2016, 07:58 PM
(29-03-2016 07:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 07:53 PM)carol Wrote:  You are all wonderful. Thank you very much. Heart

Here's to only good results and lots of cheese in your future Smile

DroolingDrooling

[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
29-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Not just any cheese, but some of that extra-sharp aged cheddar that melts in your mouth better that dark chocolate! Drooling
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-04-2016, 05:05 PM
i want donald trump to be president of the us.
13-04-2016, 05:45 PM
(13-04-2016 05:05 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i want donald trump to be president of the us.

The man's a dangerous fool.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-04-2016, 08:09 PM
(13-04-2016 05:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 05:05 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  i want donald trump to be president of the us.

The man's a dangerous fool.

And so is Trump.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-04-2016, 04:00 PM
I'm scared.
15-04-2016, 04:06 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin