The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
21-02-2012, 11:10 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(21-02-2012 10:52 PM)Niaih Wrote:  
(21-10-2011 04:24 PM)Saimmaq Wrote:  

I am 42 years old and I'm scared to tell my mom I'm an Atheist.

I am 66. When I stopped believing, I was scared the same way. If u r interested in what I chose to do and how it turned out, let me know. I don't know what other pple have done; I didn't know what else to do. Niaih

Welcome, now spill the beans, Niaih! Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I sometimes sit for longer than I should (especially after reading some of the sad posts, sorry for the losses and situations) thinking about what to write and then don't put anything. Sometimes, I simply put a blurb that has nothing to do with the topic, even though two seconds before I was trying to think of a reply. Plus, often I post stuff that I laugh my ass off at knowing that it's cheesy, corny, or that no one could possibly get what I'm talking about. Often what comes out from much time of thinking is nonsense and makes me wonder why I think at all on things and not just spit out a response. Often IRL, once I do open my mouth I can't shut up about a subject (or line of thinking) and have this huge urge to finish the thought sometimes because I think I'll forget it, but really know that the other person isn't interested and probably won't benefit from the knowledge even if they were. I still yap my gums anyway and end up feeling like a fool, yet still can't shut up... Not really like this post, but kind of. Imagine you are talking in between and trying desperately to change the subject, yet I continue on the same train of thought as though some obsessed person has taken over...

Oh, plus when people ask me questions even in the middle of conversations, I hear them and understand later usually unless I make lots of assumptions to be able to answer them right away. This makes things awkward, because often I'll answer a question well after it was asked. Sometimes I won't even remember what was asked, I just remember the response. There have been times I forgot that I was spoken too at all and just remembered that I had to respond for some reason. It's very odd... I think it's from years of lack of sleep, but the lack of sleep could also have been caused by the problem as well, since it has been a problem for a long time....

uh, yeah.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
23-02-2012, 10:23 PM
I sang in a church choir

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like KVron's post
27-02-2012, 10:25 AM
cherry’s are red and apples are green
we belong together like bacon and bean

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
16-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm sick of this rough patch in life right now, where is the smooth sailing?
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
16-03-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 08:34 PM by Mr Woof.)
(16-03-2012 08:05 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'm sick of this rough patch in life right now, where is the smooth sailing?

Negativity never nourishes, things just might? improve and the big waves give way to a little smoothness..........Tongue
(21-10-2011 04:50 PM)zaika Wrote:  I still go to church every once in awhile because the liturgy and and ceremony give me a euphoric sense of being out of time.

God is very heavy handed on euphoric peeps.........Angel
16-03-2012, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2012 10:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-03-2012 08:05 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'm sick of this rough patch in life right now, where is the smooth sailing?

No smooth sailing on the horizon. I just focus on finding my sea legs. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-03-2012, 11:39 PM
(16-03-2012 08:32 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Negativity never nourishes, things just might? improve and the big waves give way to a little smoothness..........Tongue

(16-03-2012 10:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

No smooth sailing on the horizon. I just focus on finding my sea legs. Wink

I know too well that nature can break what doesn't bend. Sad However, mama said there'll be days like this. Wink

(mr woof, glad you decided to stick around)
16-03-2012, 11:50 PM
[/size]Remember that one kid who wore Christian T-shirts all the time? I used to be that kid.
[+] 4 users Like dagaz's post
17-03-2012, 01:35 AM
(16-03-2012 11:50 PM)dagaz Wrote:  [/size]Remember that one kid who wore Christian T-shirts all the time? I used to be that kid.

I've still got mine Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post