The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
21-06-2017, 02:17 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(21-06-2017 02:04 PM)Vera Wrote:  To this day part of me still thinks that the only reason people ask me to do something with them... is because they have no one better to ask [Image: 72e8f3f23330c1d5a19623bf0a3d4283.gif?t=1452158152]

ETA: Damn you, crappy highschool friends

... Some of them want to use you, some of them want to abuse you,
Some of them want to be used by you...

I've always found these to be true words.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
21-06-2017, 02:29 PM
(21-06-2017 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Some of them want to use you, some of them want to abuse you,

Yeah but how do you tell the difference between those who do (and I've attracted more than my fair share in my life) and those who don't?

Because it's equally unfair assuming something like this when it's not the case. Unfair on the people who don't deserve it, really.

Did I mention, damn you, crappy highschool (and uni) friends?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
21-06-2017, 02:36 PM
(21-06-2017 02:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Some of them want to use you, some of them want to abuse you,

Yeah but how do you tell the difference between those who do (and I've attracted more than my fair share in my life) and those who don't?

Because it's equally unfair assuming something like this when it's not the case. Unfair on the people who don't deserve it, really.

Do or don't what? Everyone wants something from someone else. Sometimes you can make a trade. It's not a bad thing...

Possibly this is too bleak of a view though. Such a thing as true friendship also exists I think.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-06-2017, 02:43 PM
(21-06-2017 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 02:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Do or don't what? Everyone wants something from someone else. Sometimes you can make a trade. It's not a bad thing...

Possibly this is too bleak of a view though. Such a thing as true friendship also exists I think.

I like to talk, drink and watch movies with some people. We also help ourselves sometimes. Is this friendship or real friendship? I don't know and I care not as entertainment is true enough for me without thinking about it too much.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-06-2017, 02:45 PM
(21-06-2017 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  Do or don't what? Everyone wants something from someone else. Sometimes you can make a trade. It's not a bad thing...

Yeah, not really helping there, dawg Dodgy

I was mostly angry at myself for still thinking like this... and you just confirmed I was right to Sleepy

True friendships... I can't even right now. Because if it is... and I'm leaving soon... frankly, to quote Lermontov (even if I already did in the Poetry thread): life is such a stupid, empty joke... sometimes.

For a supposedly inanimate, indifferent entity, the universe sure has a rather twisted sense of humour... Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
25-06-2017, 07:05 PM
I think listening to music, even music which actually calms me down, is making my OCD worse, complusion-wise (at least while working at the same time; at least at this point in time...) [Image: shar.gif]

And speaking of music, and balloons and fucked-up brains:

"Strip me from the bundle
of balloons at every fair:
colourful and carefree ---
Designed to make you stare.
But I'm lost and I'm losing
the thread that holds me down.
And I'm up hot and rising
in the lights of every town.
"

25-07-2017, 07:24 PM
There's weird noises coming from the... walls Gasp

Not sure if it's the room above mine (if there is one) or some weird Brazilian animal, that's going to jump out of the walls and devour me in my sleep.

If you don't hear from me ever again, know that I have truly gone over to the dark side. By force...

[Image: giphy.gif]

26-07-2017, 04:03 AM
If anybody could give me £6463.21, I would be 100% debt free.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
27-07-2017, 03:23 PM
This love shit is for the birds. Hurts.

27-07-2017, 03:30 PM
(27-07-2017 03:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  This love shit is for the birds. Hurts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"And the same old sun would shine in the morning
The same bright stars would welcome me home
And the clouds would rise way over my head
I'll get through my life on my own..."

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post