The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
22-10-2011, 04:38 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(22-10-2011 04:34 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im sad......against my hopes and dreams Im beggining to think that this world will forever be ruled by tyrants, that we will forever have racism and inequality, that the future generations will continue to suffer so needlessly.....it makes me want to give up on everything that I work for.......it makes me cry.

I understand.

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2011, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 05:14 PM by defacto7.)
(22-10-2011 04:34 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im sad......against my hopes and dreams Im beggining to think that this world will forever be ruled by tyrants, that we will forever have racism and inequality, that the future generations will continue to suffer so needlessly.....it makes me want to give up on everything that I work for.......it makes me cry.

I feel the same way at times and I cry as well.... There's nothing new under the sun.... There's a time to cry, a time to reap, a time to sew, a time to take up arms... Ecclesiastes... truth is truth no matter where you find it.
bemore... don't give up! Now there are at least 2 of us.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 1 user Likes defacto7's post
22-10-2011, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 05:30 PM by GirlyMan.)

I believe that religion is on its death bed and reason will prevail. I don't want to agitate it in its dying days and exacerbate any violent death throes, but I am tempted to Kevorkian it.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I voted for Nick Clegg. Even though I was only 18 and didn't really know anything about politics and it made no difference as he bent over for David Cameron anyway it still wrangles me that I could make such a terrible error of judgement and not vote for Cameron to begin with.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-10-2011, 05:58 PM
(22-10-2011 04:38 PM)Saimmaq Wrote:  

I understand.

(22-10-2011 05:10 PM)defacto7 Wrote:  

I feel the same way at times and I cry as well.... There's nothing new under the sun.... There's a time to cry, a time to reap, a time to sew, a time to take up arms... Ecclesiastes... truth is truth no matter where you find it.
bemore... don't give up! Now there are at least 2 of us.

(22-10-2011 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I believe that religion is on its death bed and reason will prevail. I don't want to agitate it in its dying days and exacerbate any violent death throes, but I am tempted to Kevorkian it.

Thanks peeps.......Ive been on a low ebb today but I am determined to bounce back. This small writing has made me laugh lol.

You have consciously forgotten you're breathing until you just read this. Why not take a few nice... slow.... and long deep breathes now you're aware.

Chill

Cool
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
22-10-2011, 07:10 PM

bemore, here is something to cheer you up.

I wrote it just for you.

Black cat

The black cat
sits on the arm of my chair,
very comfortably indeed.
A thin piece of his hair
stuck to the pen I am holding,
as a reminder,
a strand
tying us together.

He is warm, friendly,
a living thing,
like I am,
with fears, affections
and a need to share
and communicate.

His back is turned towards me,
suggesting indifference…
…but I know better:
he depends on me
as I do - on him.

Warm, soft, vulnerable,
maybe we have a lot more in common
than this interdependence…
…maybe it is life,
shared and divided,
holding us together.

A soft, purring sound
is the only sign of his being alive,
and I drink it in
as if it were survival.

I love this cat
because he’s so human,
so much like me
that it scares me a little.

Is this all we are?
Are we reduced
to our hopes, needs, fears?
Is everything else
only pretense? ...

...Maybe it just doesn’t matter,
maybe it is enough
to be soft and cuddly.

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
22-10-2011, 10:12 PM
(22-10-2011 07:10 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
Black cat

...Maybe it just doesn’t matter,
maybe it is enough
to be soft and cuddly.

That's all I aspire to.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-10-2011, 01:40 PM
I want to live in a kinder, gentler nation. I want to be one of the "million points of light". :-J

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
26-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Why am I whispering this tread to my self in my head?
I think I need more sleep…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
26-10-2011, 11:47 PM
I can't whisper from a mobile, I'm like one of those annoying people who talk to loud on their mobile in public. Sorry guys! When I get to a computer I will whisper something wonderful Smile
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post