The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
15-12-2012, 11:16 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread
I just shared something about myself with someone new in my life that I care about....and I'm afraid of losing this person's friendship & respect. Sadcryface

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2012, 02:17 PM
(15-12-2012 11:16 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  I just shared something about myself with someone new in my life that I care about....and I'm afraid of losing this person's friendship & respect. Sadcryface
Hush Hush Hug

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
15-12-2012, 02:18 PM
(15-12-2012 11:16 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  I just shared something about myself with someone new in my life that I care about....and I'm afraid of losing this person's friendship & respect. Sadcryface
This is beyond banal, but if they cannot accept you for who you are... well, you know the drill. But it is true.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
15-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Hush my children, lest you wake the dead.

[Image: giphy.gif]
15-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Godfuckingdamnit.

I forgot what I was going to whisper about. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-12-2012, 11:51 PM
I once took this 86-yr-old woman with an IQ of 52 to mass every week for a job. After years of Latin, all I remembered were dirty jokes and the mass. Since she'd heard the madd in Latin for most of her life, she loved it when I'd whisper it to her while the priest droned on in English.

She especially loved it when I'd slip in a silly joke, not that she knew Latin, she just thought it was funny when I messed with the mass. One of my best memories will always be giggling with that old lady through the mass every Sunday.
16-12-2012, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 05:41 AM by Bucky Ball.)
If you people don't stop shouting in here, I'm gonna have to report you.
I was gonna whisper that I like Iris Dement's Blue Grass music ... a lot.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

16-12-2012, 05:38 AM
*scream*

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
16-12-2012, 08:57 AM
The Whispering Thread
(16-12-2012 01:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you people don't stop shouting in here, I'm gonna have to report you.
I was gonna whisper that I like Iris Dement's Blue Grass music ... a lot.

Seriously. Can't people keep their voices down? This is the whispering thread, not some sordid Go-Go bar.

Damn, I wish this was a sordid Go-Go bar. Weeping

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
16-12-2012, 10:30 AM
(16-12-2012 05:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  *scream*
I never thought of you as a screamer. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post