The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
21-04-2013, 05:11 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(21-04-2013 04:35 PM)FVoltmer Wrote:  Glad to here it. Sometimes it is hard to know how seriously to take an internet posting. :-)

It WAS serious. You picked up on it Smile I thank you, stranger.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Music RE: The Whispering Thread
I read a book called Religion for Atheists. And I liked it.

[Image: tumblr_mkm9ujpxso1qbdwsho1_500.gif]

This is how I wake in the morning; awesome, spectacular, fabulous, and ready to go.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes MusicDragon's post
23-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Found out that my five year old granddaughter has some irregularity with her heart. She has to have more testing. Wish she wasn't a thousand miles away, I really want to hug her and my daughter right now.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-04-2013, 06:02 PM
(23-04-2013 05:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Found out that my five year old granddaughter has some irregularity with her heart. She has to have more testing. Wish she wasn't a thousand miles away, I really want to hug her and my daughter right now.

Hug

I'm sorry to hear that, Anjele No I understand the feeling of not being able give what you want to give. It's going to be okay. Stay positive Heart

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
24-04-2013, 01:35 AM
(23-04-2013 05:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Found out that my five year old granddaughter has some irregularity with her heart. She has to have more testing. Wish she wasn't a thousand miles away, I really want to hug her and my daughter right now.

In kids that age, it's usually just a fast rate, due to a screwy, or extra "electrical current" circuit. It's called Wolfe-Parkinson-White syndrome. These days it's a big "nothing". They can try to control it with a med for a while. She'll probably outgrow it, and if not, there is an easy permanent treatment for it, when she get to be a little older, (like a young teenager). It's not "lethal''. It's just a fast rate. The atrial current loops around and re-enters, instead of conducting down like it should. (It's one of the "re-entrant tachycardias"). Kids notice it, and just "be still" for a while, until it slows down by itself.
The treatment is an ablation, later, if that's necessary. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catheter_ablation , see "prognosis for W-P-W".
(Unless it's a murmer or a "foramen ovale"). Those are easily treated these days too. Sounds scary. But actually they are all quite routine and easy to treat. Seen it done a lot. Smile Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
24-04-2013, 03:35 AM
Thanks Bucky, actually they are saying her heartbeat is slow...causing dizziness and headaches. Will see what the cardiologist says. We do have low blood pressure in the family, me included.

24-04-2013, 06:11 AM
(24-04-2013 03:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks Bucky, actually they are saying her heartbeat is slow...causing dizziness and headaches. Will see what the cardiologist says. We do have low blood pressure in the family, me included.

Then they can stick in a pacer. That's even easier.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
28-04-2013, 06:48 PM
My husband's grandfather died today, the result of a freak accident. He was pretty much father to my husband when he was growing up. Husband will be leaving in a few hours to drive cross country for the services. I am not close to his family, but his grandfather was a good man.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-04-2013, 08:28 PM
(28-04-2013 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My husband's grandfather died today, the result of a freak accident. He was pretty much father to my husband when he was growing up. Husband will be leaving in a few hours to drive cross country for the services. I am not close to his family, but his grandfather was a good man.

Anjele, I see you are going through some tough times, my thoughts are with you. Hug

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-05-2013, 04:56 PM

I really want to smack the 4th grade girl who has come between my daughter and her best friend. It hurts to see my sweet girl hurting and so sad. This entire school year has been great and now the last two weeks of school are nothing but tears. Sad

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller