The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
03-11-2013, 09:14 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
I'm secretly going to treatment for bulimia..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Raven11's post
03-11-2013, 09:24 PM
(03-11-2013 09:14 PM)Raven11 Wrote:  I'm secretly going to treatment for bulimia..

I can't hug you small

Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-11-2013, 12:06 AM
(03-11-2013 09:14 PM)Raven11 Wrote:  I'm secretly going to treatment for bulimia..

Yay for you getting treatment!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-11-2013, 04:44 AM
I can't hug you small

Hug
[/quote]

Hug

Yay for you getting treatment!
[/quote]
Thanks..normally I wouldn't say anything about things like that. But I guess it's a good thing that I can own it.Yes
04-11-2013, 08:51 AM
As I grow in age and get ever closer to the end; I do somehow fear the thought of dying.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
04-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I frequently wonder how frank I want to be with my young daughters about religion as they get older and learn more about it (my wife is Christian).

(04-11-2013 08:51 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  As I grow in age and get ever closer to the end; I do somehow fear the thought of dying.
Now that I stopped thinking I'm immortal, I get that too, sometimes.
04-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I am so over the drama, bullshit, and general attitude from my daughters. I hear from them when they need/want something. Both ignored my birthday this year and one is already wanting to know how much money I plan to send her for her birthday on the 15th.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-11-2013, 11:12 AM
(04-11-2013 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I am so over the drama, bullshit, and general attitude from my daughters. I hear from them when they need/want something. Both ignored my birthday this year and one is already wanting to know how much money I plan to send her for her birthday on the 15th.

You should consider something like we do for the holidays and birthdays, (since everyone just goes and gets what they really want anyway), give them cards that say a contribution has been given in their name to your local animal shelter, or food shelf, or public radio station, or museum. What can they say ? Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I've decided to change my major to Woo-astronomy, so I can become an "ancient astronaut theorist" they're always talking about on the History Channel. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-11-2013, 08:48 PM
(04-11-2013 11:12 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-11-2013 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I am so over the drama, bullshit, and general attitude from my daughters. I hear from them when they need/want something. Both ignored my birthday this year and one is already wanting to know how much money I plan to send her for her birthday on the 15th.

You should consider something like we do for the holidays and birthdays, (since everyone just goes and gets what they really want anyway), give them cards that say a contribution has been given in their name to your local animal shelter, or food shelf, or public radio station, or museum. What can they say ? Tongue

I figured it out...I'll tell her I spent the birthday money she thinks she is due to adopt the kitten I got three weeks ago...she hates cats. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post