The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
02-02-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(02-02-2014 12:12 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  GUTEN ABEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shut the fuck up you're supposed to be whispering
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
02-02-2014, 01:20 PM
You people need to stop shouting in here, and start whispering.
Don't make me shush yo ass.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-02-2014, 01:22 PM
(02-02-2014 01:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You people need to stop shouting in here, and start whispering.
Don't make me shush yo ass.

Uh oh. Ain't nobody wanna be shushed by Bucky.
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 01:43 PM by Vera.)
Why do I even bother trying to raise the level of this place... Sleepy

Oh well, back to the ivory tower for me... (fake ivory, may be a lot of things, but am environmentally friendly).

(And Bucky is by far not the worst that happen to a person around here Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I don't want to translate two books at the same time anymore, Dawkins is beginning to get on my nerves and I'm feeling overwhelmed. [Image: th_AnimatedSadSmiley.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-02-2014, 04:20 PM
The Whispering Thread
(05-02-2014 02:34 PM)Vera Wrote:  I don't want to translate two books at the same time anymore, Dawkins is beginning to get on my nerves and I'm feeling overwhelmed. [Image: th_AnimatedSadSmiley.gif]

Maybe you just need something fresh? Try translating one into Klingon? Elvish? Draconic?

Invent a new language?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
05-02-2014, 05:39 PM
(05-02-2014 04:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Maybe you just need something fresh? Try translating one into Klingon? Elvish? Draconic?

Invent a new language?

Time was, I would have thought that a cool idea. In my Tolkien days (as in, everybody from uni still remembers me as a Tolkien fan. And I wasn't even the crazy, obsessed variety; just wrote one single paper about the (in)constant Nature in his works and those of Wordsworth. I mean, gimme a break! Rolleyes ). Haven't been able to reread him since I saw stopped seeing the imaginary light.

As for the imaginary language, near the end of my trip, I was so exhausted, in more ways than one, that would sometimes try to say something and only incoherent sounds would come out (not that that made that much of a difference, I rarely make much sense anyway, even on my good days Rolleyes ).

And then, there's this:

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-02-2014, 06:19 PM
The Whispering Thread
(05-02-2014 05:39 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 04:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Maybe you just need something fresh? Try translating one into Klingon? Elvish? Draconic?

Invent a new language?

Time was, I would have thought that a cool idea. In my Tolkien days (as in, everybody from uni still remembers me as a Tolkien fan. And I wasn't even the crazy, obsessed variety; just wrote one single paper about the (in)constant Nature in his works and those of Wordsworth. I mean, gimme a break! Rolleyes ). Haven't been able to reread him since I saw stopped seeing the imaginary light.

As for the imaginary language, near the end of my trip, I was so exhausted, in more ways than one, that would sometimes try to say something and only incoherent sounds would come out (not that that made that much of a difference, I rarely make much sense anyway, even on my good days Rolleyes ).

And then, there's this:

Not even the language invented by Milla Jovovich and Luc Besson for The Fifth Element?

Wait, never mind. That language only has 400 words. Although...perhaps that could be the challenge?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
06-02-2014, 06:32 AM
(05-02-2014 06:19 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Not even the language invented by Milla Jovovich and Luc Besson for The Fifth Element?

Wait, never mind. That language only has 400 words. Although...perhaps that could be the challenge?

400 words? Much like Unlike the military, I use more than that before breakfast. Okay, not really before breakfast, as I ain't exactly a morning person. Unless I have horses and stables to take care of. Then I can't wait to get up and start shovelling ;-)

Could only take about 5 minutes of that movie. French directors are pretentious and I never much cared for Willis and his plain dumb tough guy appeal. And Jovovich... well, let's say that she ain't gonna be winning no Oscars any time soon. Or ever. (And I still sound nothing like her ;-) Or look anything like her. But you know what, I can live with that Rolleyes )

09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I can't concentrate on/get myself to do a single bloody thing (or even a thought) right now. Can't even eat or drink. If breathing wasn't a reflex I would probably be suffocating right now. Undecided