The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
10-02-2014, 02:17 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
I am easily distracted by shiny objects. If i see light refracting of a diamond, it will literally stop me mid sentence.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
11-02-2014, 05:58 AM
I wonder, when people lie because of pride, do they actually go into a weird zone where they themselves start believing it? And if they stay there long enough, does it become true, in a bizarre, solipsistic way?

Guess only way to find out is for me to start lying because of pride, eh? Rolleyes

(Well, sorry, exercise bores me so much, I start pondering great philosophical questions.

Only to move from the sublime to the ridiculous before I've even started Shy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
11-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I just fed my Cat, dog food because I was too tired to goto the shop, it licked it for several minutes until the bowl fell off the table and then the dog ate it. (No more dog food, shops are closed)
So I stole the chicken from the leftover subway my daughter stashed in the fridge to feed the cat.
Now I just need to get to subway to replace the stolen chicken.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
11-02-2014, 02:01 PM
I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-02-2014, 02:02 PM
(11-02-2014 02:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon.

Go easy on it, it's probably nervous...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-02-2014, 02:11 PM
I stayed home from school because it was raining, and ironically, I ended up watching singin in the rain. I love Donald O'Connor.
11-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Just got a call about another possible interview this week...trying to be cautiously optimistic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-02-2014, 08:59 AM
Only thing more annoying (and cloying) than people telling stories about their kids, is people telling stories about themselves as kids. Especially boring stories, like stripping off and running into the rain. Gripping!

(It's official - me no like Dawkins Confused )

12-02-2014, 09:08 AM
(12-02-2014 08:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  Only thing more annoying (and cloying) than people telling stories about their kids, is people telling stories about themselves as kids. Especially boring stories, like stripping off and running into the rain. Gripping!

(It's official - me no like Dawkins Confused )

There is a weather-person here who CAN'T "do" the weather without talking about himself, and his kids, and putting photos of them and himself on the air, during the newscast, and talking about ALL the charitable events he does. Will NEVER watch that station again. I started a petition to ask him to "cease and desist". It got a lot of sigs. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-02-2014, 09:25 AM
(12-02-2014 09:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is a weather-person here who CAN'T "do" the weather without talking about himself, and his kids, and putting photos of them and himself on the air, during the newscast, and talking about ALL the charitable events he does. Will NEVER watch that station again. I started a petition to ask him to "cease and desist". It got a lot of sigs.

Haha, Bucky! Big Grin

Seriously, though, for an atheist, Dawkins appears to have the ego of a fanatic Calvinist.

Not a dig at KC! I detest (and cannot grasp) the unfathomable egocentricity of his belief system, but I like him and have no problem whatsoever separating the two things.