The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
24-08-2014, 11:38 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread
our dog collapsed this morning for an unknown reason, rushed him to the emergency vet, he is responding, keeping him overnight.

I'm very worried about him.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2014, 12:21 PM
(24-08-2014 11:38 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  our dog collapsed this morning for an unknown reason, rushed him to the emergency vet, he is responding, keeping him overnight.

Hug Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2014, 05:54 PM
(24-08-2014 11:38 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  our dog collapsed this morning for an unknown reason, rushed him to the emergency vet, he is responding, keeping him overnight.

I hate it when animals hurt. Please let us know how it goes. We're pulling for both of you.

Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
24-08-2014, 06:53 PM
(24-08-2014 05:54 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  

I hate it when animals hurt. Please let us know how it goes. We're pulling for both of you.

Hug
I just called to check on him before the kids went to bed.
He is still getting IV fluids, his blood pressure has been great on the last 2 checks, they check every hour. When we took him in they said it was around 40- should be at 100. Blood work doesn't give any clues, X-ray was fine, quick ultrasound to check for fluid pockets was fine. They don't know what happened or why. Treating him for shock and giving some basic meds for an anaphylactic reaction, and basic gastro meds. But no one knows what happened or why.

He woke this morning happy, left the bedroom, went into the hall made a vomiting sound, I ran out to check on him, he let his bowels go, got him to the patio out back and he was unresponsive.

He is new to us, was a foster for about 2 weeks, then we decided to adopt him July 4 weekend. Our 11 year old lab died at New. Years so that pain of losing a dog is very fresh for us. And this little mini schnauzer has won our hearts from the moment we met we were in love with him.

It's been a hard day on the whole family.

24-08-2014, 07:06 PM
spent the evening in the hospital with my grandma. She broke her hip last night, they patched her up with some rods, but they don't know if she'll be able to go back home on her own. This fucking blows

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
24-08-2014, 07:17 PM
(24-08-2014 07:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  spent the evening in the hospital with my grandma. She broke her hip last night, they patched her up with some rods, but they don't know if she'll be able to go back home on her own. This fucking blows

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-08-2014, 07:17 PM
(24-08-2014 07:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  spent the evening in the hospital with my grandma. She broke her hip last night, they patched her up with some rods, but they don't know if she'll be able to go back home on her own. This fucking blows

Hug
Her rehab and therapy will determine much of the outcome. Make sure her next stop has a great rehab team. I've seen MANY elderly folks bounce back from this. How is her health otherwise?

Also a good time to discuss an assisted living arrangement, even if just on a temporary basis after rehab to make sure she can do all that she can.

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-08-2014, 07:21 PM
(24-08-2014 07:17 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  

Hug
Her rehab and therapy will determine much of the outcome. Make sure her next stop has a great rehab team. I've seen MANY elderly folks bounce back from this. How is her health otherwise?

Also a good time to discuss an assisted living arrangement, even if just on a temporary basis after rehab to make sure she can do all that she can.

She's in her 90s, so that doesn't work in her favor much, but she was in excellent shape. Lived on her own, did everything for herself still, even lawn upkeep. Plus she is still all there mentally. We are keeping our fingers crossed. They think sometime next week she'll go to the rehab portion of the hospital, then once she's a bit more mobile to a nursing home. Then it just depends how well she progresses at that point whether she can go home or not. It's going to be a months long process. My aunt thinks she'll eventually get to a place where she can live on her own as long as she's got someone coming on a daily basis to help out. Just a waiting game. Undecided

Thanks for the hugs everybody Hug

She's a feisty one

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
24-08-2014, 07:25 PM
(24-08-2014 06:53 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 05:54 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I hate it when animals hurt. Please let us know how it goes. We're pulling for both of you.

Hug
I just called to check on him before the kids went to bed.
He is still getting IV fluids, his blood pressure has been great on the last 2 checks, they check every hour. When we took him in they said it was around 40- should be at 100. Blood work doesn't give any clues, X-ray was fine, quick ultrasound to check for fluid pockets was fine. They don't know what happened or why. Treating him for shock and giving some basic meds for an anaphylactic reaction, and basic gastro meds. But no one knows what happened or why.

He woke this morning happy, left the bedroom, went into the hall made a vomiting sound, I ran out to check on him, he let his bowels go, got him to the patio out back and he was unresponsive.

He is new to us, was a foster for about 2 weeks, then we decided to adopt him July 4 weekend. Our 11 year old lab died at New. Years so that pain of losing a dog is very fresh for us. And this little mini schnauzer has won our hearts from the moment we met we were in love with him.

It's been a hard day on the whole family.

If they could only talk! Thankfully, he has you.

Hoping they can identify the cause and fix what ails him so you have many more years together.

24-08-2014, 07:30 PM
(24-08-2014 07:21 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(24-08-2014 07:17 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hug

She's in her 90s, so that doesn't work in her favor much, but she was in excellent shape. Lived on her own, did everything for herself still, even lawn upkeep. Plus she is still all there mentally. We are keeping our fingers crossed. They think sometime next week she'll go to the rehab portion of the hospital, then once she's a bit more mobile to a nursing home. Then it just depends how well she progresses at that point whether she can go home or not. It's going to be a months long process. My aunt thinks she'll eventually get to a place where she can live on her own as long as she's got someone coming on a daily basis to help out. Just a waiting game. Undecided

Thanks for the hugs everybody Hug

She's a feisty one

Sound like she's got several factors in her favor. My Granny broke her hip at an advanced age and recovered very well. Docs do wonderful things with hips nowadays. Keep her spirits up and that wil help, too.

Fingers crossed!

[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post