RE: The Whispering Thread
HOW DO YOU WHISPER?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 03:31 PM
(25-12-2014 03:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 12:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And yet another Christmas has come and gone and my husband didn't bother to give me so much as a card. sigh* yeah it hurts a bit even though not a surprise.

Hug sorry he's being a douche.

I didn't get anything from my husband, either. A letter would have sufficed. I really shouldn't be complaining, though, because I didn't get him a damn thing either. My little boy had a great Christmas, though.

I'm upstairs "sleeping" while the in laws are socializing. After 1 hour of sleep today, 3 hours each day for the previous three days, I'm having trouble maintaining a positive countenance. I could barely eat when I realized I likely wouldn't be a member of this family next year and that they'll very likely hate me. I actually like my in-laws. Functional, warm, loving families do exist, but they're not mine to keep. Sadcryface

That's the problem with "nights". They are "civilized", but not healthy. With all your experience and expertise, you need to find yourself a "good job". You've paid your dues. Over and over. There is a wise doc in our system, (who,.. while very religious, I really like ... he took on the Cards establishment to great risk to himself, and came out the winner), and he says "nights are ok for a short while, but "if you're. my patient no ... no, no. no,". There HAS to be a Quality or Joint Commission job for you. You could very easily get an MS or MA (online) degree, and make the $$ you need to support yourself.

Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2014, 04:46 PM
(25-12-2014 01:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have a friend in Colorado. Before they got married, her husband was "on the fence" about marriage. She "sent herself" some flowers. He asked whom they were from. She said "Oh, just a *friend*" He jumped off the fence right quick. Tongue

Reminds me of a girl I know named Stephanie. Know her, her sister, and mom. Stephanie had this male friend she would hang around a lot. Saw her around town many times. One day I ask the mom, are they dating or what? She says, "We just don't know. They swear they're just friends." I ask Stephanie. Same thing. I ask him. Same thing.

One day they're hanging around. I talk to them give her my phone number, and ask her to call me. Couple days later the mom tells me that he suddenly asks her to marry him. I tell her what happened, and she laughs & says they were wondering why he asked after so long. I tell her, you're welcome, but if he hadn't I was going to ask her out. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
08-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Husband is out tonight. He woke me up before he left and asked if I was ok. "Define ok." "Surviving." "Then I'm ok." He just held me and let me cry.

I know I'm not ready to find anyone right now, but the prospect of never finding someone terrifies me. I know I make it difficult to love me, how else would I have lost him?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
08-01-2015, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 09:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I know I make it difficult to love me, how else would I have lost him?

Not what you did or didn't do, more like what he apparently couldn't or wouldn't do. There is no such thing as falling out of love. It doesn't happen.

(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I know I'm not ready to find anyone right now, but the prospect of never finding someone terrifies me.
Yeah, doubt that's gonna happen. ... Now earmuffs on the other hand ...

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-01-2015, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 10:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Husband is out tonight. He woke me up before he left and asked if I was ok. "Define ok." "Surviving." "Then I'm ok." He just held me and let me cry.

I know I'm not ready to find anyone right now, but the prospect of never finding someone terrifies me. I know I make it difficult to love me, how else would I have lost him?

But you said you were not really in love. Don't forget that. Respect comes first. I think you respect yourself, That's first. Then your potential partner. From what I've seen here you're gonna have em beating down your door in droves. When it rains it pours, is usually the problem, not never finding anyone. You're gonna have too many to chose from. Mark my words. THAT is going to be your problem, not the dearth. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-01-2015, 09:51 PM
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

You are smart, educated, beautiful, funny as hell - you won't be alone for long. You are going to be fine - just realize that time heals - there hasn't been enough time gone by yet. Take care of you, the rest will take care of itself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-01-2015, 10:24 PM
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I know I'm not ready to find anyone right now, but the prospect of never finding someone terrifies me.

Don’t be in a rush, take your time. Better to be lonely than in bad company. It will happen when you aren’t looking, it usually does. Hug

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I know I make it difficult to love me, how else would I have lost him?

Sorry, not whispering for this... whatever happened it was NOT because you make it difficult to love you. People change and relationships end and that sucks but you have no right to shoulder all of the blame for that happening. You are obviously an intelligent, capable person and if/when you are ready to find somebody else you will.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-01-2015, 08:16 AM

... Is not only you. These things are no one's fault.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post