The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
09-01-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(09-01-2015 08:03 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I know I make it difficult to love me, how else would I have lost him?

Sorry, not whispering for this... whatever happened it was NOT because you make it difficult to love you. People change and relationships end and that sucks but you have no right to shoulder all of the blame for that happening. You are obviously an intelligent, capable person and if/when you are ready to find somebody else you will.

Sadcryface That's definitely what I'm struggling with... trying to identify where it wrong, and I keep seeing the mistakes I've made over the years. Hard not to blame myself. Thank you.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 08:38 AM
(09-01-2015 08:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:   Sadcryface That's definitely what I'm struggling with... trying to identify where it wrong, and I keep seeing the mistakes I've made over the years. Hard not to blame myself. Thank you.

That's perfectly normal and healthy as long as you remember that everybody makes mistakes and when you can no longer fix them the best you can do is learn from them and move on. You don't create a relationship as an individual and you don't break one as an individual either.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
09-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Two people involved - highly unlikely that only one of them made some mistakes. Don't beat yourself up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
09-01-2015, 06:51 PM
I agree with them. Take care of yourself. Smile By the way, it's damn quiet in here.

AAATCHOOO!

Damn, sorry. Too much noise.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
09-01-2015, 07:06 PM
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:   the prospect of never finding someone terrifies me.

I hope you realize every brutha in this place wishes he could be the one to console you right this very minute! Angel

(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:   I know I'm not ready to find anyone right now

That's a-bunch-a broken man hearts! Weeping

Hug Heart

[+] 6 users Like TheGulegon's post
15-01-2015, 11:38 AM
(08-01-2015 08:40 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Husband is out tonight. He woke me up before he left and asked if I was ok. "Define ok." "Surviving." "Then I'm ok." He just held me and let me cry.

I know I'm not ready to find anyone right now, but the prospect of never finding someone terrifies me. I know I make it difficult to love me, how else would I have lost him?

I have spent half my nights since the middle of November crying over this same thing.

Hug

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 1 user Likes thesummerqueen's post
15-01-2015, 12:10 PM
I take comfort in thinking that my dad was ready for death because of what a kick ass life he lived and because he knew his legacy would live on the the lives of his children who adored him. I feel he only said he was christian to appease the rest of the family who feared for his soul. but really he was just too open minded and introspective to follow the bible. maybe he was a deist at most. I tuned out most of his funeral which was 99% of how he was in a happier place/heaven. screw that. the man is dead and I miss him dearly but he lived a really good life and I'll always be thankful to have known him.
[+] 2 users Like cinnamint's post
15-01-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2015 01:24 PM by Bucky Ball.)
oops duplicate ... aaaaachoooo

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-01-2015, 12:50 PM
(15-01-2015 12:10 PM)cinnamint Wrote:  I take comfort in thinking that my dad was ready for death because of what a kick ass life he lived and because he knew his legacy would live on the the lives of his children who adored him. I feel he only said he was christian to appease the rest of the family who feared for his soul. but really he was just too open minded and introspective to follow the bible. maybe he was a deist at most. I tuned out most of his funeral which was 99% of how he was in a happier place/heaven. screw that. the man is dead and I miss him dearly but he lived a really good life and I'll always be thankful to have known him.

I had a great aunt who was a nun. It is my firm conviction she also had long ago stopped believing in the "stuff" many of them do. But by then she had established herself as an educator in health care, and was more concerned her loss of faith would sew confusion in her vast number of friends, family and students. We discovered she had been "sneaking off" to *Cosmological Conferences* and was fascinated with Physics and time. She wrote parts of her own obituary, and I know for certain she was trying to tell us something when she wrote "Reality is what it is".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Oh my, I'm happy. I hope it lasts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post