The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
28-01-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
I'm hopeful, hubby decided to take a new shift. He's got two weeks to decide if he likes the new shift, once he begins -- if his boss approves it.

There are pluses and minuses...

But the huge upside for me is that he'll be home each night at around 8pm!

He isn't sure if he actualy wants this shift, could mean working nonstop without a real break...but if he does like it, it could be huge for our family.

Smile I really hope it works out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-02-2015, 05:09 PM
I finally got the courage to go to the doctor with help for my depression. She wouldn't even talk to me about it because a year and a half ago I went in for help with my drinking. She said it doesn't matter if "I say" I haven't been drinking, that I have to go through a rehab program and talk to their therapists. FML.. If things didn't seem hopeless before Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-02-2015, 05:14 PM

Doctors suck. The only thing worse than a doctor, is a doctor's lawyer.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-02-2015, 05:14 PM
(10-02-2015 05:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I finally got the courage to go to the doctor with help for my depression. She wouldn't even talk to me about it because a year and a half ago I went in for help with my drinking. She said it doesn't matter if "I say" I haven't been drinking, that I have to go through a rehab program and talk to their therapists. FML.. If things didn't seem hopeless before Weeping

Hug

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
10-02-2015, 05:18 PM
(10-02-2015 05:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I finally got the courage to go to the doctor with help for my depression. She wouldn't even talk to me about it because a year and a half ago I went in for help with my drinking. She said it doesn't matter if "I say" I haven't been drinking, that I have to go through a rehab program and talk to their therapists. FML.. If things didn't seem hopeless before Weeping

Hug so not cool. Can you try a different doc? Although it might take a while to get an appointment. I finally got the courage to book an appointment, and it's not until April with a man I don't know with a name I can't pronounce. If I would have gone to MY doc it would have been June before seeing her because its been too many years. US mental health system=sucks.

And things aren't hopeless. It's just another obstacle to overcome -Challenge accepted. You've got this, Smerc.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
10-02-2015, 05:25 PM
(10-02-2015 05:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

Hug so not cool. Can you try a different doc? Although it might take a while to get an appointment. I finally got the courage to book an appointment, and it's not until April with a man I don't know with a name I can't pronounce. If I would have gone to MY doc it would have been June before seeing her because its been too many years. US mental health system=sucks.

And things aren't hopeless. It's just another obstacle to overcome -Challenge accepted. You've got this, Smerc.

I've done the therapy thing a few times. Haven't found anyone I like, or feel like I could really put in time with. Today I just went to a GP because my SIL got her antidepressants that way. I feel like there's a permanent flag on my file now preventing me from getting help with depression because I was honest and sought help for my drinking.... Just didn't go to rehab like they wanted me to. I'm tired of going to the bathroom at work every day to cry, and sitting at home hardly unable to get off the couch or enjoy anything. Just feel so lost.... Fuck. I guess maybe I have to try an actual psychiatrist again. Motivation is my problem, trying to find someone again, sitting in that office for an hour rehashing all my shit all over again for the 5th time with a new person. I just don't have it in me again. I need something immediate.

Thanks for the kind words Nurse. Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-02-2015, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 07:15 PM by Anjele.)
(10-02-2015 05:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 05:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Hug so not cool. Can you try a different doc? Although it might take a while to get an appointment. I finally got the courage to book an appointment, and it's not until April with a man I don't know with a name I can't pronounce. If I would have gone to MY doc it would have been June before seeing her because its been too many years. US mental health system=sucks.

I've done the therapy thing a few times. Haven't found anyone I like, or feel like I could really put in time with. Today I just went to a GP because my SIL got her antidepressants that way. I feel like there's a permanent flag on my file now preventing me from getting help with depression because I was honest and sought help for my drinking.... Just didn't go to rehab like they wanted me to. I'm tired of going to the bathroom at work every day to cry, and sitting at home hardly unable to get off the couch or enjoy anything. Just feel so lost.... Fuck. I guess maybe I have to try an actual psychiatrist again. Motivation is my problem, trying to find someone again, sitting in that office for an hour rehashing all my shit all over again for the 5th time with a new person. I just don't have it in me again. I need something immediate.

Seriously - find another doctor. Depression can be helped though it often takes a bit of trial and error to find the right thing. And remember that they aren't magic pills, it doesn't take a while to build up in your system. Heart

edited to lower my voice

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-02-2015, 05:42 PM
(10-02-2015 05:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 05:18 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Hug so not cool. Can you try a different doc? Although it might take a while to get an appointment. I finally got the courage to book an appointment, and it's not until April with a man I don't know with a name I can't pronounce. If I would have gone to MY doc it would have been June before seeing her because its been too many years. US mental health system=sucks.

Time to find someone new without their head up their ass. A psychiatrist will be much more compassionate and understanding about your history and the relationship between alcohol (ab)use and depression. Make sure to be honest with your next provider, don't let this negative experience scare you off. My history reads like a Lifetime movie, so I totally feel ya about not wanting to rehash that shit.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM

What a dumb-shit doctor. Did it ever occur to them the depression was the cause of the drinking ? I'd look for a different one, or maybe even see if someone who knows the docs in your community can see if there is a Family Practice, GYN, or Internist who has Depression as an "interest". May take some scouting, but maybe one of the nurse phone lines in your area has multiple fields in their "search" systems they can use to locate one. We have them here. Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 05:54 PM by GirlyMan.)

The fuck is that? I go into my doctor for help with depression and he knows I got a drinking problem he moves me straight to the top of the list for getting referred to a proper witchdoctor or shaman with some stopgap anti-depressants until I get there. You sure she's a doctor? This kinda shit just further stigmatizes mental health issues. Check your insurance and find your own witchdoctor ("You okay? Scripts good? See you next month then.") or shaman ("Tell me how you feel? ... mmhmmm .... mhmmm ... I see .... mmmhmmm .... Script's good? See you next month then.") if you don't need a referral. If you do need a referral you gotta change GP's.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post