The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
10-02-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: The Whispering Thread
thank you all so much Hug I love you guys. *sigh* I think I'll try one more time to find a different doctor outside of their circle of clinics so that maybe they don't have access to my file at this place. I keep thinking that if I can dig myself out of this gaping hole I'm in with some meds, I might be willing to do therapy again. Therapy just seems too daunting right now.you guys are the best Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
10-02-2015, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 06:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-02-2015 06:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  *sigh* I think I'll try one more time to find a different doctor outside of their circle of clinics so that maybe they don't have access to my file at this place.

No. They need access to that file to properly evaluate and treat me. I want every one of my doctors to be fully aware of my complete medical history and all of my current treatments. Including my self-medications.

(10-02-2015 06:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  ... I might be willing to do therapy again. [/size]

ManlyGirl's a big fan of therapy. Some 45 minutes later, she ends up with scripts for the same sorta scripts I get in 5 minutes. I told her, "meh ... therapy's not like too many cooks in the kitchen, more like too many spades in the soil." ... "Go to bed, fatboy."

#sigh
10-02-2015, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 03:51 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
I thought psychiatrists were more into mental illnesses like schizo, etc and psychologists were more for personal issues like depression, anxiety, etc but maybe there is not a clear-cut difference?

Regardless, Smerc, do what you gotta do, you can do it. And remember that you have people here ready to help others, in this case you even just as support.

Use your ginger power! Big Grin take care.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
10-02-2015, 06:53 PM
(10-02-2015 06:44 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I thought psychiatrists were more into mental illnesses like schizo, etc and psychologists were more for personal issues like depression, anxiety, etc but maybe there is not a clear-cut difference?

Regardless, Smerc, do what you gotta do, you can do it. And remember that you have people here ready to help others, in this case you even just as support.

Use your ginger power! Big Grin take care.

Psychologists don't write prescriptions (some exceptions in a few states), they have a masters or PhD or even post doctoral work (such as my soon to be ex father in law - he's a pastoral counselor, his other doctorate is in theology, all of his post doc work is related to counseling/psychology etc). Psychiatrists went to medical school and write prescriptions.

Edited because I forgot my manners and spoke above a whisper.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-02-2015, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 03:51 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
Thank you Nurse, yes sorry about my manners, but I'm posting from my phone and it's already hard to write regular posts. I'll fix the font size tomorrow. Tongue

Edit: Done.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
10-02-2015, 07:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 07:19 PM by TheGulegon.)
(10-02-2015 06:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  thank you all so much Hug I love you guys. *sigh* I think I'll try one more time to find a different doctor outside of their circle of clinics so that maybe they don't have access to my file at this place. I keep thinking that if I can dig myself out of this gaping hole I'm in with some meds, I might be willing to do therapy again. Therapy just seems too daunting right now.you guys are the best Heart

You know...
Though MY advice is prolly pretty crummy...

If you can't get ahold of a shrink, you could maybe create a thread in the Personal Issues/Support section, and somehow make it private so that only a few of us could get into it to see what you have to talk about, and we could try to help out!

Heart Hug

[Edit]
Psst. I can listen over skype if you need an ear, & you got my e-mail! Shy
Heart Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
10-02-2015, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 08:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-02-2015 06:53 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Edited because I forgot my manners and spoke above a whisper.

Some shit shouldn't be confined to whispers.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Taking the leap and looking for a different job. The one I have sucks more and more every day. And as one of two people in the company who has access to all the money in and out, I know this company cannot survive much longer. I have an interview with a recruiter in the morning.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Who knew happy memories could be so painful? I'm organizing my jewelry that I've left in boxes, found what I was wearing the night he was officially my boyfriend - he was my date to my sorority's swanky fall semi-formal. And I found his wedding ring. I'm taking a break from cleaning. I can't take it. When are all these things going to stop reminding me of everything I've lost? I can barely function.

I need to create a new pandora station. This one is torturing me. Suggestions?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-03-2015, 02:54 PM
(06-03-2015 01:15 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Who knew happy memories could be so painful? I'm organizing my jewelry that I've left in boxes, found what I was wearing the night he was officially my boyfriend - he was my date to my sorority's swanky fall semi-formal. And I found his wedding ring. I'm taking a break from cleaning. I can't take it. When are all these things going to stop reminding me of everything I've lost? I can barely function.

I need to create a new pandora station. This one is torturing me. Suggestions?

Stay away from the sappy country music and find something, anything upbeat.