The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
19-03-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(18-03-2015 06:40 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I love old-time Gospel music. I don't care that the words are BS. It's just such fun music.

Please lower your voice! This is the Whispering thread! Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2015, 08:19 AM
(19-03-2015 02:28 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 06:40 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I love old-time Gospel music. I don't care that the words are BS. It's just such fun music.

Please lower your voice! This is the Whispering thread! Tongue

Sorry, my eyes are not good enough to hear really quiet sounds.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 3 users Like daniel1948's post
19-03-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm tired of trying to wring out some responsibility from stupid fucks who just don't give a shit. Fuck 'em... they're on their own.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-03-2015, 05:16 PM
I secretly find lolicon comics, furries like mlp and rape hentai erotic

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
30-04-2015, 12:21 PM
You have lovely skin, I can't wait to try it on.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
05-05-2015, 04:04 AM
Its strange how we're expected to watch someone die, go "ok, next" and get on with the shift, as if we didn't just witness a horrible death. Sometimes it's a relief - it's hard to see a patient suffer for weeks on end literally begging for death - its mercy in a way.

But tonight - this guy wasn't suffering. He was expected to go home. I had him last week - lovely man, kind family. He was just back on our unit recovering from a procedure that he initially didn't want performed last week. He was sitting up talking. God dammit. I hate it when we have a long mega code and keep getting a pulse back, they're aware of what's going on every few minutes, and then we keep fucking losing them. It sucks. It fucking sucks. Sadcryface

Three patients tonight in my zone. Three. At least the other two were DNRs. I just. I'm ready to go home. It feels like there's more dead patients on this hall than living. In my zone there's only one patient that has the potential to ever leave this hospital alive. And *my* assigned patient that's a fucking vegetable - not gonna happen for him tonight. I hate taking care of patients with no brain function, no hope.

It wasn't usually this tough losing people in the ED - I had plenty of days where I'd work tons of codes. But here? We get to know the patients and their families. At least I'm not working pediatrics - I don't know how those nurses cope. I lost one of my pediatric home health patients and my heart still breaks when I think about him. When we lost kids in the ED, we'd all cry about it together, have a debrief - and we never even knew the patients and their families. But the ICU peds nurses? I know I couldn't do it.

0700 can't come fast enough. Sad

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
05-05-2015, 04:09 AM
(05-05-2015 04:04 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Its strange how we're expected to watch someone die, go "ok, next" and get on with the shift, as if we didn't just witness a horrible death. Sometimes it's a relief - it's hard to see a patient suffer for weeks on end literally begging for death - its mercy in a way.

But tonight - this guy wasn't suffering. He was expected to go home. I had him last week - lovely man, kind family. He was just back on our unit recovering from a procedure that he initially didn't want performed last week. He was sitting up talking. God dammit. I hate it when we have a long mega code and keep getting a pulse back, they're aware of what's going on every few minutes, and then we keep fucking losing them. It sucks. It fucking sucks. Sadcryface

Three patients tonight in my zone. Three. At least the other two were DNRs. I just. I'm ready to go home. It feels like there's more dead patients on this hall than living. In my zone there's only one patient that has the potential to ever leave this hospital alive. And *my* assigned patient that's a fucking vegetable - not gonna happen for him tonight. I hate taking care of patients with no brain function, no hope.

It wasn't usually this tough losing people in the ED - I had plenty of days where I'd work tons of codes. But here? We get to know the patients and their families. At least I'm not working pediatrics - I don't know how those nurses cope. I lost one of my pediatric home health patients and my heart still breaks when I think about him. When we lost kids in the ED, we'd all cry about it together, have a debrief - and we never even knew the patients and their families. But the ICU peds nurses? I know I couldn't do it.

Heart Hug

My mother was both a pediatric nurse and a at-home care giver before her current administrative position, so I can relate by proxy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-05-2015, 04:11 AM
(19-03-2015 05:16 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I secretly find lolicon comics, furries like mlp and rape hentai erotic

It's kinky because it is taboo. So long as you respect the informed consent of other people in real life, nobody should be ashamed of their fantasy kinks; that's why they're fantasy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-05-2015, 04:25 AM
(05-05-2015 04:04 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Its strange how we're expected to watch someone die, go "ok, next" and get on with the shift, as if we didn't just witness a horrible death. Sometimes it's a relief - it's hard to see a patient suffer for weeks on end literally begging for death - its mercy in a way.

Hug I don't know how you guys do it, but I'm sure glad you do Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-05-2015, 04:52 AM
(05-05-2015 04:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Hug I don't know how you guys do it, but I'm sure glad you do Smile

It's one of the reasons I run - clears my head. It's also the reason I only read girly books now - everything turns out ok and you get a happy ending.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post