The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
12-07-2015, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 07:06 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: The Whispering Thread
There you go, GirlyMan... I couldn't figure out what the country song's lyrics had to do with Seger's masterpiece (or one of them, but my favorite) about growing older and facing the regrets of what was lost and/or bypassed on the route.

(The rest of those lyrics...)

The years rolled slowly past
And I found myself alone
Surrounded by strangers I thought were my friends
I found myself further and further from my home
And I guess I lost my way
There were oh so many roads
I was living to run and running to live
Never worried about paying or even how much I owed
Moving eight miles a minute for months at a time
Breaking all of the rules that would bend
I began to find myself searching
Searching for shelter again and again

Against the wind
A little something against the wind
I found myself seeking shelter sgainst the wind

Well those drifter's days are past me now
I've got so much more to think about
Deadlines and commitments
What to leave in, what to leave out...

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-07-2015, 07:14 PM
(12-07-2015 06:49 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  There you go, GirlyMan... I couldn't figure out what the country song's lyrics had to do with Seger's masterpiece (or one of them, but my favorite) about growing older and facing the regrets of what was lost and/or bypassed on the route.

(The rest of those lyrics...)

The years rolled slowly past
And I found myself alone
Surrounded by strangers I thought were my friends
I found myself further and further from my home
And I guess I lost my way
There were oh so many roads
I was living to run and running to live
Never worried about paying or even how much I owed
Moving eight miles a minute for months at a time
Breaking all of the rules that would bend
I began to find myself searching
Searching for shelter again and again

Against the wind
A little something against the wind
I found myself seeking shelter sgainst the wind

Well those drifter's days are past me now
I've got so much more to think about
Deadlines and commitments
What to leave in, what to leave out...

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Last night I danced in front of my mirror. I kinda enjoyed it.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
[+] 1 user Likes HappyTiger's post
18-07-2015, 11:31 AM
I can't find my pants from last night.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 3 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
18-07-2015, 11:41 AM
(18-07-2015 11:31 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I can't find my pants from last night.

[Image: socks.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-07-2015, 11:44 AM
(18-07-2015 11:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-07-2015 11:31 AM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  I can't find my pants from last night.

[Image: socks.jpg]

I'm in love with those socks...

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
[+] 2 users Like HappyTiger's post
18-07-2015, 12:45 PM

[Image: mrw-summer-weather-finally-ends-141378.gif]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-07-2015, 04:35 AM
Up visiting my aunt. She only just found out about the divorce a month ago. So she's been asking me questions about what went wrong. Spent all day yesterday mulling it over while out and about. I had the worst of it nicely tucked away and shoved down deep in my don't think about that shit anymore box. *sigh* way to Debbie downer my vacation. Can't even really cry about it with my son sleeping next to me.

Also, now seeing Amish people...it's just sad to me. What a waste of a life. Not even using buttons. So many broken families. Yay religion.

I'm such a mess right now. I'd like to go back to my typical state of don't feel much, don't understand a lot of what I do feel, and don't give a shit.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-07-2015, 05:20 AM
(19-07-2015 04:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Up visiting my aunt. She only just found out about the divorce a month ago. So she's been asking me questions about what went wrong. Spent all day yesterday mulling it over while out and about. I had the worst of it nicely tucked away and shoved down deep in my don't think about that shit anymore box. *sigh* way to Debbie downer my vacation. Can't even really cry about it with my son sleeping next to me.

Also, now seeing Amish people...it's just sad to me. What a waste of a life. Not even using buttons. So many broken families. Yay religion.

I'm such a mess right now. I'd like to go back to my typical state of don't feel much, don't understand a lot of what I do feel, and don't give a shit.

One of my nurse friends lives in rural California near an Amish enclave. (She drives in, and stays with her mom, to do 3 12 hour night shifts on weekends in coronary ICU. Really GREAT nurse.) They (Amish neighbors) are always knocking on her door, asking to use her phone. Fucking hypocrites. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-07-2015, 05:37 AM
(19-07-2015 05:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 04:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Up visiting my aunt. She only just found out about the divorce a month ago. So she's been asking me questions about what went wrong. Spent all day yesterday mulling it over while out and about. I had the worst of it nicely tucked away and shoved down deep in my don't think about that shit anymore box. *sigh* way to Debbie downer my vacation. Can't even really cry about it with my son sleeping next to me.

One of my nurse friends lives in rural California near an Amish enclave. (She drives in, and stays with her mom, to do 3 12 hour night shifts on weekends in coronary ICU. Really GREAT nurse.) They (Amish neighbors) are always knocking on her door, asking to use her phone. Fucking hypocrites. Tongue

A lot of the sects here use cell phones, and the others have a phone booth in the front yard.

There was an Amish old lady pushing a gas mower yesterday - she had on a blue bandana. I had a giggle over that one. Crips represent! I realize there's a gang problem in the area, but I didn't realize they were recruiting little old white ladies. Laugh out load

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post