The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
19-07-2015, 05:55 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread

This feels appropriate:

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2015, 01:41 AM
What is the best way to swim in a vortex?
25-07-2015, 02:29 AM
So relieved this week is done.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-07-2015, 06:11 PM
(25-07-2015 01:41 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  What is the best way to swim in a vortex?

Naked.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
27-07-2015, 09:02 AM
my father is dying of lukemia

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-07-2015, 03:24 PM
(19-07-2015 04:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Up visiting my aunt. She only just found out about the divorce a month ago. So she's been asking me questions about what went wrong. Spent all day yesterday mulling it over while out and about. I had the worst of it nicely tucked away and shoved down deep in my don't think about that shit anymore box. *sigh* way to Debbie downer my vacation. Can't even really cry about it with my son sleeping next to me.

Also, now seeing Amish people...it's just sad to me. What a waste of a life. Not even using buttons. So many broken families. Yay religion.

I'm such a mess right now. I'd like to go back to my typical state of don't feel much, don't understand a lot of what I do feel, and don't give a shit.

Similar experience for me earlier in the week, doing yet another failure analysis on the recent breakup of my two-year relationship. I have no one but myself to blame for bringing it up, though.

On the bright side, I met a lovely French mademoiselle today at work who says she may come out to the open-mic I'll be playing on Wednesday night. Probably getting my hopes up for no good reason ... but it's a relief to know I can still spit game.
27-07-2015, 03:32 PM
(27-07-2015 09:02 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  my father is dying of lukemia

I am so sorry. Big hugs to you.
27-07-2015, 03:46 PM
(27-07-2015 03:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I am so sorry. Big hugs to you.

Thank you Jennybee

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
27-07-2015, 04:21 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. I lost my dad to cancer in 2009, today would have been his 79th birthday. Kind of a sad day. Hugs to you...enjoy what time you have with him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-07-2015, 04:32 PM
(27-07-2015 04:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

I am very sorry to hear this. I lost my dad to cancer in 2009, today would have been his 79th birthday. Kind of a sad day. Hugs to you...enjoy what time you have with him.

I lost my dad the same way a few years ago. Still miss him everyday.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post