The Whispering Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
17-09-2015, 02:42 AM
RE: The Whispering Thread
(17-09-2015 02:14 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  God guides whom he wills and misguides whom he will. May God grant you, dear reader, your hearts desire; guided or misguided. Amen

Shhhh!

You're supposed to be whispering in here.

You have no choice, it is the will of aloo gobi (spice be upon him)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-09-2015, 03:48 AM
(17-09-2015 02:14 AM)ahp2015 Wrote:  God guides whom he wills and misguides whom he will. May God grant you, dear reader, your hearts desire; guided or misguided. Amen

Dodgy Rolleyes Pretty useless God you've got there.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-09-2015, 04:10 PM
(12-09-2015 07:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Chopper is so excited, he thinks he is going to the groomer when he is really going to the vet for blood work, he has to have surgery Thursday. I feel so guilty. Sadcryface

Chop had to have nine teeth removed...I don't get it...the girls have good teeth and gum and his just aren't healthy. Sadcryface

He seems fine, I may need a sedative. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
17-09-2015, 07:55 PM
(17-09-2015 04:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 07:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Chopper is so excited, he thinks he is going to the groomer when he is really going to the vet for blood work, he has to have surgery Thursday. I feel so guilty. Sadcryface

Chop had to have nine teeth removed...I don't get it...the girls have good teeth and gum and his just aren't healthy. Sadcryface

Are they litter mates? Our two Maltese are, and since I traveled a lot (used to, but now I'm retired), I had my wife take them to the vet. Last time, I took them to the vet, and they had so many teeth removed that I was truly embarrassed. They can't tell us when they hurt, so we have to keep up on them. If you poke a little at your dog's mouth, you may find some sensitivity and treat accordingly with whatever recreational pharmaceuticals the vet prescribed. From what I can see, the little buggers get pretty ripped on the meds that are prescribed, so we go easy on it. We have to guess as to their pain, and that isn't easy, since they can't really tell us.
17-09-2015, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 08:48 PM by Anjele.)
(17-09-2015 07:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 04:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Chop had to have nine teeth removed...I don't get it...the girls have good teeth and gum and his just aren't healthy. Sadcryface

Are they litter mates? Our two Maltese are, and since I traveled a lot (used to, but now I'm retired), I had my wife take them to the vet. Last time, I took them to the vet, and they had so many teeth removed that I was truly embarrassed. They can't tell us when they hurt, so we have to keep up on them. If you poke a little at your dog's mouth, you may find some sensitivity and treat accordingly with whatever recreational pharmaceuticals the vet prescribed. From what I can see, the little buggers get pretty ripped on the meds that are prescribed, so we go easy on it. We have to guess as to their pain, and that isn't easy, since they can't really tell us.

Chop and one of the girls are the same breed and from the same breeder but not litter mates. They are fed the same food and treats and undergo the same grooming. Chop just has bad teeth. He is used to the pain meds as he gets half a one now and then when his knee gets gimpy. I think it's a combination of the anesthesia today and being away from home and all he went through. He needs to sleep it off. Undecided

I started noticing that he would sometimes drop treats...like it hurt him to bite into them with his front teeth.

They get annual checkups, his teeth just got real bad in the last couple of months. Undecided

I hate it...I love him so much. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

17-09-2015, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 08:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-09-2015 03:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Dodgy Rolleyes Pretty useless God you've got there.

Pretty evil deity there, who creates all, but only guides some, and leaves the rest for hell.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-09-2015, 09:22 PM
(17-09-2015 08:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 07:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Are they litter mates? Our two Maltese are, and since I traveled a lot (used to, but now I'm retired), I had my wife take them to the vet. Last time, I took them to the vet, and they had so many teeth removed that I was truly embarrassed. They can't tell us when they hurt, so we have to keep up on them. If you poke a little at your dog's mouth, you may find some sensitivity and treat accordingly with whatever recreational pharmaceuticals the vet prescribed. From what I can see, the little buggers get pretty ripped on the meds that are prescribed, so we go easy on it. We have to guess as to their pain, and that isn't easy, since they can't really tell us.

Chop and one of the girls are the same breed and from the same breeder but not litter mates. They are fed the same food and treats and undergo the same grooming. Chop just has bad teeth. He is used to the pain meds as he gets half a one now and then when his knee gets gimpy. I think it's a combination of the anesthesia today and being away from home and all he went through. He needs to sleep it off. Undecided

I started noticing that he would sometimes drop treats...like it hurt him to bite into them with his front teeth.

They get annual checkups, his teeth just got real bad in the last couple of months. Undecided

Bummer. He'll eventually just have to eat mush, with no teeth, and hopefully won't suffer with that. I've known grown men who could eat corn chips when they had no teeth. Tougher men than me, I think.
17-09-2015, 09:25 PM
(17-09-2015 08:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 03:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dodgy Rolleyes Pretty useless God you've got there.

Pretty evil deity there, who creates all, but only guides some, and leaves the rest for hell.

Good thing that sumbitch doesn't exist.
17-09-2015, 09:25 PM
(17-09-2015 09:22 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 08:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Chop and one of the girls are the same breed and from the same breeder but not litter mates. They are fed the same food and treats and undergo the same grooming. Chop just has bad teeth. He is used to the pain meds as he gets half a one now and then when his knee gets gimpy. I think it's a combination of the anesthesia today and being away from home and all he went through. He needs to sleep it off. Undecided

Bummer. He'll eventually just have to eat mush, with no teeth, and hopefully won't suffer with that. I've known grown men who could eat corn chips when they had no teeth. Tougher men than me, I think.

Luckily all his molars are intact. The vet doesn't think he will have trouble eating at this point. Luckily dogs have more teeth than people. Confused

18-09-2015, 02:18 AM
I want to chop my feet off and scream because I work all day tomorrow and it's four in the morning and I'm not even tired