The "Why I dislike Hillary Clinton" thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2016, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 06:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: The "Why I dislike Hillary Clinton" thread.
(11-06-2016 04:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm hereby challenging Heatheness to defend her claim that the newspaper article which revealed that "Clinton approved CIA drone assassinations with her cellphone" contains "proven lies."

Wait just a second now. Are you suggesting that the Secretary of State is authorized to order drone assassinations without the President? Maybe in Germany and the Czech Republic but not here.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2016, 06:04 PM
(11-06-2016 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Wait just a second now. Are you suggesting that the Secretary of State is authorized to order drone assassinations? Maybe in Germany and the Czech Republic bot not here.
The headline says "approved" not "ordered." Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-06-2016, 06:06 PM
(11-06-2016 06:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Wait just a second now. Are you suggesting that the Secretary of State is authorized to order drone assassinations? Maybe in Germany and the Czech Republic bot not here.
The headline says "approved" not "ordered." Tongue

Secretary of State has no more authority to approve it than order it. They require Presidential approval.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-06-2016, 06:08 PM
(11-06-2016 05:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 05:30 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  From the article:

Anecdotal. Try again.
An anecdote is not the same thing as a proven lie. How about you try again?

(11-06-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why so specific? I'm usually okay with something smells like bullshit oh look there's some bullshit lying on the floor. You seem to have a hardon for Heatheness. I don't want to know why.
Heatheness said that she doesn't want to defend her claim in the other thread because it's off-topic, so I posted it here instead. That's all there is to it.

I'm not going to split hairs based on an argument between you and Heatheness on another thread. Your source's source's source is based on reports that cannot be verified. It's less than than a lie. It's hearsay.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
11-06-2016, 06:30 PM
(11-06-2016 06:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Secretary of State has no more authority to approve it than order it. They require Presidential approval.
Well, that doesn't appear to be entirely true. A quote from the article:

"From 2011 on, the State Department had a secret arrangement with the CIA, giving it a degree of say over whether or not a drone killing would take place."

(11-06-2016 06:08 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I'm not going to split hairs based on an argument between you and Heatheness on another thread.
That's fine with me, but if you're not going to meet the challenge I posted, why bother responding to it at all?

(11-06-2016 06:08 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Your source's source's source is based on reports that cannot be verified. It's less than than a lie. It's hearsay.
Anonymous sources are frequently used by journalists because people who reveal sensitive information have legitimate reason to fear for their safety. It's their obligation as professionals to verify that the sources are credible before citing them in their reports. If you want to argue that the Washington Post is a disreputable newspaper whose employees don't adhere to these journalistic standards, knock yourself out, but even CNN, a pro-Clinton news outlet, has started to report on this story today.

13-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Hillary on Twitter today: "If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you shouldn’t be able to just go buy a gun with no questions asked."

...but someone who is being investigated by the FBI for corruption and mishandling highly classified information should be able to run for president? Oh, the irony. Laugh out load

13-06-2016, 05:50 PM
(13-06-2016 05:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hillary on Twitter today: "If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you shouldn’t be able to just go buy a gun with no questions asked."

...but someone who is being investigated by the FBI for corruption and mishandling highly classified information should be able to run for president? Oh, the irony. Laugh out load

This is one area I do disagree with democrats. Being suspected of having a feeling is not cause to abridge rights.

If Dems want to stand up and call for amending the 2nd amendment, I might support it depending on the details. But taking away a legal right just because some bureaucrat puts a name on a list... No. Not when Rs purge supposed convict's names from voter rolls, and not when Ds want to end-run the bill of rights. I want fewer guns, less powerful guns, biomarker locks for guns, public registration for guns and even membership in a well-regulated militia as a precondition for owning guns, but this "terror list" nonsense is not acceptable to me.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
13-06-2016, 06:08 PM
(13-06-2016 05:50 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 05:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hillary on Twitter today: "If the FBI is watching you for suspected terrorist links, you shouldn’t be able to just go buy a gun with no questions asked."

This is one area I do disagree with democrats. Being suspected of having a feeling is not cause to abridge rights.

If Dems want to stand up and call for amending the 2nd amendment, I might support it depending on the details. But taking away a legal right just because some bureaucrat puts a name on a list... No. Not when Rs purge supposed convict's names from voter rolls, and not when Ds want to end-run the bill of rights. I want fewer guns, less powerful guns, biomarker locks for guns, public registration for guns and even membership in a well-regulated militia as a precondition for owning guns, but this "terror list" nonsense is not acceptable to me.
Well said. There is no due process for people who are put on a terrorist list, no way for them to appeal it, no way for them to even find out about it. It's a convenient tool that is all too prone to abuse, e.g. to disarm political dissidents and undesirables.

13-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Reminds me of when they wouldn't let people suspected of being investigated by the house of un American activities committee get passports to leave for even simple means or to acquire certain means. Gotta curb the commies.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-06-2016, 02:13 PM
(10-05-2016 12:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How fucking convenient for Ms. Clinton! God, I hate this woman with a burning passion. She deleted over 30,000 of her e-mails, claiming that they were not work-related and private. After that, the server was extensively overwritten (aka wiped) to prevent someone from recovering those e-mails. Fortunately the FBI managed to recover most of them anyway and found out that many of these e-mails were, in fact, work-related and not private. How can she keep getting away with lying to the FBI? Is your criminal justice system so laughable that it can't touch any high-level politicians? Any regular joe would be fucked for life if he had done what Clinton did. This is a disgrace. No
No wonder you're conservative - you don't live in the USA.

Our criminal justice system is corrupt, but someone as corrupt as a former First Lady, and Senator, and Secretary, requires a very complete investigation and description of the charges, because such a high official being tried could unravel the larger corruption and possibly lead the nation into chaos because of the realization that the government is overwhelmingly corrupt.

That is exactly what I thought when I heard that.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool