The "Why I dislike Hillary Clinton" thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 05:28 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: The "Why I dislike Hillary Clinton" thread.
I just want a real progressive, not someone who pays it lip service while accepting fat checks from the establishment.

In a race of Trump v Bernie, I think Bernie takes it. They're both selling anti-establishment, but Bernie is the one actually siding with what the majority of Americans actually want. In a race of Trump v Hillary, now it's harder to sell the more liberal side when it's also clearly the establishment option; the progressives no longer have that chip, now Trump is the de facto anti-establishment choice and that really muddies the waters.

And of course, anything is better than Ted Cruz.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Apparently Clinton has a big push to get a crap-ton of $1 donations from people. I'm assuming she is doing this both to
  • Get her number of individual donors up and
  • Get her average donation amount down.
I don't know how much she's actually being hindered by the notion of getting "money from wall street", but she seems to be trying to change the numbers to take that talking point away from Sanders.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-02-2016, 08:27 AM
(11-02-2016 07:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Apparently Clinton has a big push to get a crap-ton of $1 donations from people. I'm assuming she is doing this both to
  • Get her number of individual donors up and
  • Get her average donation amount down.
I don't know how much she's actually being hindered by the notion of getting "money from wall street", but she seems to be trying to change the numbers to take that talking point away from Sanders.

Someone should donate a few hundred million dollars just to mess up that tactic. That'd teach her.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-02-2016, 08:43 AM
(11-02-2016 08:27 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Someone should donate a few hundred million dollars just to mess up that tactic. That'd teach her.

She should donate a million dollars, one dollar each, to a million supporters. Then, she can throw on one million individual donations of negative one dollars to help offset her average while boosting her number of donations.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
11-02-2016, 10:06 PM
After watching tonight's Democratic presidential debate, I question myself even more strongly whether or not informed Clinton supporters are simply brain-dead. How can any person with a functioning brain look at these two candidates and decide that the women who received millions of dollars from Wall Street and other special interests over the years would be a better pick for getting money out of politics than the man who received $0 from special interests?

Someone explain this madness to me, it's driving me crazy. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-02-2016, 10:18 PM
(11-02-2016 10:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  After watching tonight's Democratic presidential debate, I question myself even more strongly whether or not informed Clinton supporters are simply brain-dead. How can any person with a functioning brain look at these two candidates and decide that the women who received millions of dollars from Wall Street and other special interests over the years would be a better pick for getting money out of politics than the man who received $0 from special interests?

It's like religion. Once you've made up your mind that they're the one, they can pretty much say anything and it seems reasonable. I swear watching all the fanatical supporters at a speech is like watching a bunch of people at a particularly animated church who are convinced they feel the spirit.

'Murican Canadian
12-02-2016, 01:22 AM
Bernie did great on domestic affairs, Hillary kicked his ass on foreign policy. Anybody's game ... so long as they have the money to play.
12-02-2016, 08:12 AM
(12-02-2016 01:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Bernie did great on domestic affairs, Hillary kicked his ass on foreign policy. Anybody's game ... so long as they have the money to play.

My wife watched it, and I didn't. She said that Sanders didn't do well on foreign policy, just like last debate. I surprised he didn't brush up his talking points beyond (I was against the Iraq war in 2003) from the last debate. They're usually both pretty good about changing their message to respond to what the other says or deficiencies in their own message.
12-02-2016, 09:46 AM
(11-02-2016 10:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  After watching tonight's Democratic presidential debate, I question myself even more strongly whether or not informed Clinton supporters are simply brain-dead. How can any person with a functioning brain look at these two candidates and decide that the women who received millions of dollars from Wall Street and other special interests over the years would be a better pick for getting money out of politics than the man who received $0 from special interests?

That's pretty much exactly why I'd take Bernie over her. Everything Hillary says about Wall Street is definitely lip service, it seems like Bernie is serious.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
12-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Hilary Clinton is a Wall Street puppet. We don't need that. So far, I think Bernie Sanders is the least corrupt candidate. I think, if there is any one candidate who can save the American middle class, it has to be Bernie Sanders. I want him to bring Wall Streets to its knees!

Heart War Angel Sylia
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sylia Gray's post