The Wicked Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2013, 01:26 AM
The Wicked Bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_Bible

This ones pretty cool. In 1631, the Church of England commissioned the production of 1,000 King James bibles make haste. The only problem was that the royal printers fucked up the typeset when they set for the page containing Exodous 20:14 - what we commonly call The Ten Commandments. Here, the seventh commandment read "Thou shalt commit adultery" as opposed to "Thou shalt not commit adultery".

This outraged the Archbishop of Canterbury so much that he immediately ordered all of these copies seized and burned. Fortunately a few copies survived - and are worth over $100,000 if you have one!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: The Wicked Bible
Word of god, indeed.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
05-08-2013, 03:14 AM
100 grand for a fucking bible all because of one missing word?
Jesus fucking Christ!!
Fuck that shit, do you know how many bottles of vanilla coke I could buy with 100K??
33,333 that's how many!!
Do you know how long that shit would last me!!! About 5months! because then they'd all expire and go flat and taste disgusting...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
I thought this thread was going to mention a completely different Bible– an especially wicked version. It would probably contain a great deal of death and killing, debauchery, slavery, plagues, a crucifixion, and perhaps a global flood. That would make it particularly wicked. No one would ever call that a "good book." Evil_monster

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
05-08-2013, 12:54 PM
(05-08-2013 12:23 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I thought this thread was going to mention a completely different Bible– an especially wicked version. It would probably contain a great deal of death and killing, debauchery, slavery, plagues, a crucifixion, and perhaps a global flood. That would make it particularly wicked. No one would ever call that a "good book." Evil_monster

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbCPXLGjTifTVhL8eWZIK...bcG0VJ1Jkg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Shocking I'm guessing Yahweh read that version of The Bible before he impregnated Mary.