The Wild, The Innocent and E-Street ... parking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 05:36 PM by DLJ.)
The Wild, The Innocent and E-Street ... parking
I'm off this week, basically taking a "staycation" with the family. Doing day trips in between remodeling the downstairs bathroom (just finished getting the tile up off the slab ... what a pain in the ass).

Yesterday we headed down to the Jersey Shore, and hung out at the beach in Belmar. Tomorrow we're heading back out to Belmar and are going to do some late afternoon deep sea fishing. We are taking a charter out from 4:30 - 8:30 and going for stripers and blues. I haven't gone DSF since I was 23 or so. It will be the first time for my sons, and we are all really looking forward to it.

Anyway, even though I now live just over the Delaware river in PA (home of the recently convicted Attorney General Kathleen Kane), I am a Jersey boy at heart. And, while we were driving through Belmar yesterday we drove down E Street, which is where the E Street Band took its name from. I was originally planning to look for parking on E Street, just for nostalgia's sake, but the crowds were so sparse on this particular August Monday that we were able to park just across the street from the boardwalk, which makes schlepping all our stuff a whole lot easier.

I'm not really sure why I posted this. I guess hanging out at the same beach where I went as a kid (I grew up just a few towns over from there) made me start reminiscing. And, of course, you can't reminisce about Jersey in the 80s without invoking the Boss.

I went to high school in the Freehold Regional school district and I had teachers in the early 80s who claimed to have taught Bruce Springsteen in the 60s (they were old enough at least). You can't come from where I come from and not be a fan of The Boss. It's a requirement. It's a religion.

Anyway, had a great day yesterday. We hung out late at the beach, walked around, had dinner near the beach and headed home around 9 an home by 10. Fortunately, by the time we got back in the car the highway was cleared of broken heroes on a last chance power drive, so it was an easy trip back.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
16-08-2016, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 01:30 PM by pablo.)
RE: The wilde, the innocent and E-Street ... parking
I'm glad you didn't get stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of Jersey. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-08-2016, 01:29 PM
My sister's SO grew up in PA and his family has a house on the Jersey Shore. They (and my niece) spend a lot of holidays out there. I think this past Christmas/New Year is the first time in a couple decades they haven't gone out there as the place was being remodeled and repaired.

They enjoy it a lot. I have never been there. Sounds like a good time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Can someone with editing rights please correct my title typo?

16-08-2016, 02:36 PM
I want to change the title of this thread
(16-08-2016 02:31 PM)BnW Wrote:  Can someone with editing rights please correct my title typo?

I'm pretty sure you can do that yourself if you just change it in the OP.

#sigh
16-08-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: The Wild, The Innocent and E-Street ... parking
I tried and didn't see that I could.

16-08-2016, 07:58 PM
(16-08-2016 07:55 PM)BnW Wrote:  I tried and didn't see that I could.

Bummer.

#sigh
16-08-2016, 07:58 PM
(16-08-2016 01:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm off this week, basically taking a "staycation" with the family. Doing day trips in between remodeling the downstairs bathroom (just finished getting the tile up off the slab ... what a pain in the ass).

Yesterday we headed down to the Jersey Shore, and hung out at the beach in Belmar. Tomorrow we're heading back out to Belmar and are going to do some late afternoon deep sea fishing. We are taking a charter out from 4:30 - 8:30 and going for stripers and blues. I haven't gone DSF since I was 23 or so. It will be the first time for my sons, and we are all really looking forward to it.

Anyway, even though I now live just over the Delaware river in PA (home of the recently convicted Attorney General Kathleen Kane), I am a Jersey boy at heart. And, while we were driving through Belmar yesterday we drove down E Street, which is where the E Street Band took its name from. I was originally planning to look for parking on E Street, just for nostalgia's sake, but the crowds were so sparse on this particular August Monday that we were able to park just across the street from the boardwalk, which makes schlepping all our stuff a whole lot easier.

I'm not really sure why I posted this. I guess hanging out at the same beach where I went as a kid (I grew up just a few towns over from there) made me start reminiscing. And, of course, you can't reminisce about Jersey in the 80s without invoking the Boss.

I went to high school in the Freehold Regional school district and I had teachers in the early 80s who claimed to have taught Bruce Springsteen in the 60s (they were old enough at least). You can't come from where I come from and not be a fan of The Boss. It's a requirement. It's a religion.

Anyway, had a great day yesterday. We hung out late at the beach, walked around, had dinner near the beach and headed home around 9 an home by 10. Fortunately, by the time we got back in the car the highway was cleared of broken heroes on a last chance power drive, so it was an easy trip back.

Do you know how you can tell the Cubans at a Bruce Springsteen concert? They are all singing Born in the USA in Spanish!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post