The Witcher 3 is gonna suck.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: The Witcher 3 is gonna suck.
I think the witcher 3 looks like a great game. Question is to get it on steam or xbox one? Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Wasn't a fan of Witcher 2 to be honest.
I liked the idea of hunting down a mythical beast and having the sidequests to locate the various weapons/tools you need to defeat said beast (like the Kayran boss)
But I felt the game spent more time fannying about with the tedious king assassination storyline instead of focusing on what the witcher is supposed to do - kick mythilogical beast ass Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
15-05-2015, 04:42 PM
(15-05-2015 01:38 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Wasn't a fan of Witcher 2 to be honest.
I liked the idea of hunting down a mythical beast and having the sidequests to locate the various weapons/tools you need to defeat said beast (like the Kayran boss)
But I felt the game spent more time fannying about with the tedious king assassination storyline instead of focusing on what the witcher is supposed to do - kick mythilogical beast ass Tongue

Don't play number 1, you will hate it.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-05-2015, 06:03 PM
(15-05-2015 01:38 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Wasn't a fan of Witcher 2 to be honest.

Books if I recall corectly also were more about politics than slaying beasts, so game is true to what inspired it. However I think creators of the game said something about too big focus on politics in Witcher 2.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-05-2015, 07:53 PM
(15-05-2015 01:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I think the witcher 3 looks like a great game. Question is to get it on steam or xbox one? Consider

Steam, OBVIOUSLY.

If you can play it on med-low at 30fps you've got your PS4/XBO right there... But then there's scalability if your PC is powerful enough to manage up to 4K resolution, 8x MSAA, 60+ fps, max draw distances, mods, advanced soft shadows, etc.

It's a single player game, so there's really no excuse not to get it on Steam if you can manage to match console graphics.
15-05-2015, 08:04 PM
(15-05-2015 07:53 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 01:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I think the witcher 3 looks like a great game. Question is to get it on steam or xbox one? Consider

Steam, OBVIOUSLY.

If you can play it on med-low at 30fps you've got your PS4/XBO right there... But then there's scalability if your PC is powerful enough to manage up to 4K resolution, 8x MSAA, 60+ fps, max draw distances, mods, advanced soft shadows, etc.

It's a single player game, so there's really no excuse not to get it on Steam if you can manage to match console graphics.

Except that graphics don't determine if you have fun in a game or not.
Small part at best. Sure great graphics are nice but the graphics will still be decent on the xboner.

Besides, xbox achievement system > Steam achievement system (because I personally am a achievement whore).

PC master race and all that buut.. consoles have their place.
I would advise getting this particular game on console but only because I don't see it as being a game that you're gonna wanna mod to hell (compared to say Skyrim).

15-05-2015, 08:20 PM
(15-05-2015 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 07:53 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Steam, OBVIOUSLY.

Small part at best. Sure great graphics are nice but the graphics will still be decent on the xboner.

Besides, xbox achievement system > Steam achievement system (because I personally am a achievement whore).

I would advise getting this particular game on console but only because I don't see it as being a game that you're gonna wanna mod to hell (compared to say Skyrim).

I agree that IDGAF about Steam achievements... But as far as fun factor, it's the same game. I'll be playing it with my XBO controller, on my TV anyway. Only difference will be his good it looks, and how smoothly it runs. I didn't mind 30fps before, but I had just forgotten what 60 really looks like.

Consoles DO have their place: exclusives, and multiplayer if it's where your friends are. TW3 is neither...
15-05-2015, 08:39 PM
(15-05-2015 08:20 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Except that graphics don't determine if you have fun in a game or not.

I agree that IDGAF about Steam achievements... But as far as fun factor, it's the same game. I'll be playing it with my XBO controller, on my TV anyway. Only difference will be his good it looks, and how smoothly it runs. I didn't mind 30fps before, but I had just forgotten what 60 really looks like.

Consoles DO have their place: exclusives, and multiplayer if it's where your friends are. TW3 is neither...

Not everyone has an expensive computer that could run this large (assumingly) game on ultra 4k at constant 60fps.

Also, xbox controller on PC... Consider I've never thought of this before. The plug and play charger thing is a usb... This is of interest to me.

15-05-2015, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2015 09:39 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(15-05-2015 08:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 08:20 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I agree that IDGAF about Steam achievements... But as far as fun factor, it's the same game. I'll be playing it with my XBO controller, on my TV anyway. Only difference will be his good it looks, and how smoothly it runs. I didn't mind 30fps before, but I had just forgotten what 60 really looks like.

Not everyone has an expensive computer that could run this large (assumingly) game on ultra 4k at constant 60fps.

Also, xbox controller on PC... Consider I've never thought of this before. The plug and play charger thing is a usb... This is of interest to me.

I've been using a wired 360 one for years; It's fantastic. Started using my XBO controller plugged in a few days ago. Most games support the xbox controller, and even have the same on screen button prompts (A,B,Y,X, etc), and some games (GTA:V, Serious Sam, etc) even have controller specific multiplayer servers with aim assist and all that. I'm a bit worried I'll break the connection point on the usb eventually by dropping it or something, but it matches my decor better than the white 360 controller.... ADULT PROBLEMS
17-05-2015, 07:34 PM
(15-05-2015 08:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 07:53 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Steam, OBVIOUSLY.

This is the sort of game I would rather play on console... Just gotta save up and get one.

I can see me putting many, many hours into this... I'd much rather spend that time in my big, comfy leather armchair, with the game on my big TV, than sat bolt upright at the PC.

And before anyone says it... Yes, I know you can connect a PC to the TV... I've done it, and it was just a pain in the arse to use. Fine for gaming with a pad, but a nightmare for everything else.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post