The Witcher 3 is gonna suck.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 12:00 PM
RE: The Witcher 3 is gonna suck.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2015, 10:35 AM
This game is too fucking big, seriously. I'm over 60 hours into the game and I'm not even close to being halfway done. Big Grin

10/10 GOTY

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
24-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Ok I'll start with the bad.

Bad:

- Monsters aren't aggressive enough, if you stand back far enough they wont chase and attack you and you can just pick them off with your crossbow.

- Roach can be a little clunky occasionally

Good:

- The world is HUGE and it's so incredibly detailed. Everything, and I mean everything, is detailed. From the roads to the villages to the cities to the people to the monsters to the weather. It's such a pleasure just riding down the road. It makes Skyrim look like a turd floating in a toilet. It's set a new standard for detail this will be thee game people point to when they talk about open world worlds and how they should be done.

- Geralt. I fucking love Garelt, he's sarcastic as hell and he doesn't give a FUCK.
ie: I had to ring a little bell to lead a goat back to its owner (not as bad as it sounds) and the stuff coming out of Garelts mouth was so funny to hear coming from a video game character.

- His beard grows. His motherfucking beard motherfucking grows. You trim it, it grows. HIS BEARD GROWS!!

- Weather. OMG the weather in this game is amazing. The sky goes dark during storms when rain clouds form and the trees and everything blows in the wind.
Goes back to that level of detail.

- Every character is unique. Or there are so many different character models I haven't come across a copy yet. And they're all so detailed. They're obviously detailed off real people.

- Every piece of dialogue is spoken (as well as comes up as text). Every. Single. Piece. You have no idea how much this pleases me. I always thought it was just laziness gaming companies didn't do this.

- Other characters. The other characters are really good and unique. Everyone from story characters to inn keepers to roadside merchants.

- The world feels alive. Everyone has a story, a reason for being where they are and it often flows onto other peoples stories.

- The monsters. There is heaps of them and with the exception of one particular nasty little shit that was just fucking disgusting, they're all amazing and awesome. It's all very well done. Though drowners are abnormally difficult but w/e.

- The combat. It takes a little while to get used to it. You gotta learn to dodge, roll and when to attack, when to use signs, when to use potions (signs and potions and bombs etc.. very much being needed in combat) etc.. It's difficult but not impossible. It's a perfect balance between face-roll and frustrating.

- The alchemy system is fantastic. You make a potion/bomb/oil once and than it just has uses (potions 3/3, bombs 2/2, oils have infinite uses but they only apply x amount of charges to your weapon and these special types of potions which I can't remember what they're called have 1/1 charges). But you refill the uses by meditating with alcohol in your inventory. It automatically uses up 1 alcohol item and refills all potions/bombs. So you have to plan when to use potions and when to meditate.

- The crafting systems is great. Nothing new or special (find/buy the plan, get the materials, get a blacksmith to make it) but there is LOTS to create/upgrade.

- The upgrade system is great. It ties in very well with the use of mutagines (spelling?).

- The story is great. It's the Witcher, nuff said.

- Gwent (the card game that replaces the dice game) is cool. It's skill based rather than luck based like the dice was. As far as mini-games go this one is great and new. It could almost be a game in its own right like Hearthstone.

- The sidequests are amazballs. They're fantastic, varied and fun. There isn't like a ton of "kill X amount of these" types either. It's always delivered a very story fashion. They're great.

- It's a big game and they know it. The fast travel system (both of them) is fantastic.

They have done absolutely everything right. Incredible, incredible, incredible.
Best RPG every made. Hands down. I think some RPGs maybe have better stories (though the Wicther story is still VERY good) but as far as RPGs (role playing GAMES) this is by far the greatest one ever made.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
25-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Re: The Witcher 3 is gonna suck.
I pre-ordered it with every intention to pick it up when it came out. Then, shit broke. Confused
25-05-2015, 10:44 PM
I've managed to get about an hour into the game... I honestly don't know where people find time to play games. I'm single and have no children... And I can't even find time for a video game.

My coworker is about 80 hours in and hasn't even unlocked the fancy spinning sword work move set, which looks like the coolest thing ever.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Re: The Witcher 3 is gonna suck.
I don't know about anyone else, but... I play after the kids' school, errands, housework, work, cooking supper, but before I go to bed. Big Grin
28-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Just finished the game on Death March difficulty; it took 113 hours and 25 minutes. I feel like every RPG in the foreseeable future is going to be a disappointment because it will fail to live up to the standards set by this game. Sad

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
28-05-2015, 12:30 AM
(25-05-2015 10:44 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I honestly don't know where people find time to play games. I'm single and have no children... And I can't even find time for a video game.

[Image: sleep.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-05-2015, 09:13 AM
I need a t-shirt that says "Killed a werewolf and 5 bandits 4 levels above my own and all I got was 10 lousy crowns".
31-05-2015, 09:25 AM
(31-05-2015 09:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I need a t-shirt that says "Killed a werewolf and 5 bandits 4 levels above my own and all I got was 10 lousy crowns".

#ThirdWitcherProblems

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post