The World Through Atheist Goggles.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
12-05-2012, 05:28 PM
The World Through Atheist Goggles.
You hear it all the time.

Why do you atheists even bother living without God? There's no point.
There's no beauty in the world without God.

We all know that's a load of horseshit. We can appreciate the world without the fog in our glasses that believing God did everything so often causes. We look at a tree and understand that it took a long ass time for it to get so big and so beautiful. We see the sun rise and fall, all the while understanding that it isn't actually rising or falling. That it is a flaming ball that sustains our planet, and some day it will die.
We know that when we look at the stars we are seeing so much more than just tiny spots of light. We know that we are special, but that we are not the only ones that are so blessed. Having God in my life would do nothing but lessen the experience of living. It would cheapen it somehow.
I'm not saying that life can't be fulfilling while believing in God, but having God does not make anything more beautiful, or valuable. If anything, it lessens the experience.

This thread should be for posting things (non sexual please) (also I love kitties, but let's leave them out unless impossible due to cuteness.) That make us go, wow. Life is amazing. It can surely suck hard, but it can also be the most impressive chaotic feat ever achieved. And we get to see it.

I'll start.

[Image: gHGZt.jpg]

[Image: 3bCd5.jpg]

[Image: space-photography-115.jpg]

Existence is fucking insane.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 19 users Like lucradis's post
12-05-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: The World Through Atheist Goggles.
(12-05-2012 05:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Existence is fucking insane.

Think I can vouch for that. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-05-2012, 06:25 PM
numbers

not

names

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
no kitties? but without kitties life would be so unliveable!!!!
[Image: P1100114.jpg] [Image: P1080149.jpg]
Look at life without kitties!!! Beautiful but so not furry!!!!!!

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
12-05-2012, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 09:39 PM by Stark Raving.)
[Image: c72c48a8.jpg]
[Image: 466a8857.jpg]
[Image: d5c95c51.jpg]
[Image: cb969c04.jpg]
[Image: 2180a7b3.jpg]
Just a couple from my favorites. I see these types of pictures and save them all the time.

We live on one hell of an amazing planet.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
12-05-2012, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 11:07 PM by earmuffs.)
[Image: 3469445702_d3f2bbfb30_o.jpg]
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&a...alNumber=5]

[Image: lostworld-chris_mcle.jpeg]
[Image: new-zealand-national-geographic.jpg]

Also, we did this, not God.

[Image: 2333main_MM_Image_Feature_19_rs4.jpg]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
(12-05-2012 05:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  You hear it all the time.

Why do you atheists even bother living without God? There's no point.
There's no beauty in the world without God.

We all know that's a load of horseshit. We can appreciate the world without the fog in our glasses that believing God did everything so often causes. We look at a tree and understand that it took a long ass time for it to get so big and so beautiful. We see the sun rise and fall, all the while understanding that it isn't actually rising or falling. That it is a flaming ball that sustains our planet, and some day it will die.
We know that when we look at the stars we are seeing so much more than just tiny spots of light. We know that we are special, but that we are not the only ones that are so blessed. Having God in my life would do nothing but lessen the experience of living. It would cheapen it somehow.
I'm not saying that life can't be fulfilling while believing in God, but having God does not make anything more beautiful, or valuable. If anything, it lessens the experience.

This thread should be for posting things (non sexual please) (also I love kitties, but let's leave them out unless impossible due to cuteness.) That make us go, wow. Life is amazing. It can surely suck hard, but it can also be the most impressive chaotic feat ever achieved. And we get to see it.

Existence is fucking insane.
If your were a cult leader, I'd probably follow.

Neuron pulse
[Image: neuronpulse.jpg]

[Image: 158892693073218633_1sOUClty_c.jpg]

Golden Stingray migration
[Image: GoldenStingRayMigration.jpg]

Storm
[Image: storm.jpg]

Shimmering Jellyfish, Toyma Japan
[Image: ShimmeringJellyfishToymaJapan.jpg]

Octopus on coast of Italy
[Image: OctopusItaly.jpg]

Redwood Forest Canopy
[Image: redwoodcanopy.jpg]

The Whale… If you read a 2005 front page story of the San Francisco Chronicle, you would have read about a female humpback whale who had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth. A fisherman spotted her just east of the Farallon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed an environmental group for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so bad off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her. They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her. When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, and nudged them, pushed them gently around as she was thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives. The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth said her eyes were following him the whole time, and he will never be the same

[Image: SanFranwhalehighfive.jpg]

And flippin' Bob Ross, amazing!

[Image: bobross.jpg]
[+] 10 users Like LadyJane's post
13-05-2012, 12:18 AM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCxMlVrmrrVPvseatm1uo...MYGUgSNMQQ]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR_0qposwr9dUBhHAjymZ...r2usLzD8VA]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA9zplaRJhtkI40OHQO-T...-OjWq7demf]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFmNUjdGM698aW0e1giqY...MULakWu95k]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNqOzuOkF4u4kLEtbmcd5...Iwem2W6CBa]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT-MeC6ZHL5-I1hrtOqiF...afeikGLqCT]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkTJkLX1P-misFwRkX8qr...N_GLfuJmeg]

Even though I don't live in Sydney, I just couldn't resist Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
13-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Do you guys ever check out the National Geographic photo of the day?

You should.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-05-2012, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2012 06:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-05-2012 06:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Do you guys ever check out the National Geographic photo of the day?

You should.

APOD is very cool also.

2000 yo juniper bonsai. God ain't got nothing to do with that. But it sure as shit is an accolade to the dedication of generations of man.

[Image: bonsai.jpg]

Breathing - it's more art than science.