The World's Most Mysterious Book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: The World's Most Mysterious Book
So because the OP can't use the search bar I have to use it for him?
Laziness get's a lazy response.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Fuck off.

...and some tripped out hippie motherfucker wrote that book of fucking nonsense. Would be laughing his ass off seeing you oafs make something out of it.

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2012, 09:13 PM
(29-11-2012 08:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fuck off.

...and some tripped out hippie motherfucker wrote that book of fucking nonsense. Would be laughing his ass off seeing you oafs make something out of it.

You wrote this thing, Johnny? Pretty creative book you've got there. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-11-2012, 10:08 PM
I thought the bible was the World's Most Mysterious Book? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes kpax's post
29-11-2012, 11:45 PM
(29-11-2012 10:08 PM)kpax Wrote:  I thought the bible was the World's Most Mysterious Book? Tongue

Meh. We've already figured out the key to that book. It's all BS. Evil_monster

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-11-2012, 07:06 AM
(29-11-2012 08:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So because the OP can't use the search bar I have to use it for him?
Laziness get's a lazy response.
The OP is perfectly capable of using the search bar; laziness has nothing to do with it. However, he was not a member when that other thread was posted, and this being a discussion board about atheism, it would not have occurred to him that there might already be a thread on the topic. The Voynich Manuscript, after all, is hardly a day-to-day topic of conversation.
[+] 1 user Likes pianodwarf's post
30-11-2012, 08:41 AM
(29-11-2012 09:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 08:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fuck off.

You wrote this thing, Johnny? Pretty creative book you've got there. Tongue
It looks exactly like shit me and Brother Newt would doodle up, all fuckered on LSD. Dodgy

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Turns out that Yale's policy regarding the Voynich Manuscript is even more restrictive than I would have thought. Not only are "curiosity seekers" such as myself not allowed to see it, it's pretty tough even for academic folks doing legitimate research to examine it.

Dear Mr. [name],
Many thanks for your email. Although the Beinecke Library welcomes all intending to conduct scholarly research, the Voynich manuscript is part of its highly restricted collections. Patrons wishing to consult the manuscript in person must first seek the permission of the curator, instructions for which follow:

Given the manuscript's fragility, the large number of research requests, and the Beinecke Library's responsibility to preserve the manuscript intact for future generations, the Library has restricted access to the Voynich manuscript. The Beinecke Library has made high-resolution scans of the entire manuscript available for research, and these can be found at: http://beinecke.library.yale.edu/digital...ynich.html

Scholars requesting access to the original manuscript for their research should submit a proposal to the curator, Raymond Clemens, at:raymond.clemens@yale.edu. Proposals should contain a description of the project, explaining why access to the original is necessary, and should demonstrate the scholarly contribution which the research project will offer (e.g. plans for publication in a peer-reviewed journal or by a university press). The Beinecke will make the manuscript available for research only in exceptional circumstances, and researchers are encouraged to consult the scans and other scholarship on the manuscript before submitting a proposal.

I do hope this is helpful. Please contact us if you require further assistance.
Kind regards,
The Beinecke Library Public Services Staff
(203) 432-7270
[+] 1 user Likes pianodwarf's post