The Worst Religion is Islam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: The Worst Religion is Islam?
(26-06-2014 05:33 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 04:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... How does one make a racist generalisation about a religion?
Its easy.. a Muslim = Sandnigger,terrorist,towelhead.

9 times out of 10 that accusation is to deflect legitimate criticism of Islam.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-06-2014, 08:06 PM
As a former Muslim I will say that Islam is not the worst religion although it has become the most problematic. Muslims corrupted almost everything in Islam and the theology is essentially bid'ah(heretical) to itself. The greatest irony is that Sunniyyah and Shi'iyyah is heretical to al-Qur'an.

I still like doing islamic rituals like Salah or muraqaba. Islam can be quite peaceful if you shave away 80% of the bullshit.

Did you know for example the vats majority of Muslims do not follow the Qur'an but ahadith. The theology for Islam comes from al-Sunnah and the various tafsir about Muhammad.
If you merely took the Qur'an and had a little bit of interpretation Islam would be more peaceful than Christianity. The Bible is actually extremely violent compared to the Qur'an.

Islam today is the result of clergy and a complicated jurisprudence called fiqh. It all goes down the shitter from there but Islam itself ain't that bad and by Islam I mean honest Qur'aniyun Islam.

The only issue is that there is no god which adds a bit of a problem for Muslims and the Qur'an but what the hell, I am an igtheist really so this ain't never bothered me.

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Slave's post
28-06-2014, 10:04 AM
(26-06-2014 05:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 05:33 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Its easy.. a Muslim = Sandnigger,terrorist,towelhead.

9 times out of 10 that accusation is to deflect legitimate criticism of Islam.
That is also true but i've seen it being used as a racial insult enough times just like how the word "Asian" used as a racial insult even though technically ASIA is just a geographical terminology.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
28-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Scripture is merely the original problem. If you take a look at these books, you will understand all these theocratic laws and such are influenced by "holy" books.

A common wonder: Why do terrorists kill or want to kill infidels? - The answer is in both the bible and Quran, but it is more widespread in the Quran. They both order such killings. I recommend checking 'The End of Faith' by Sam Harris.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression.
-- Thomas Paine,
28-06-2014, 11:57 AM
(23-06-2014 08:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Although I have been an Atheist for about 15 years now, I just recently read my first 'Atheist' book, God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens. I didn't enjoy the read as much as some folks, but it did get me more interested in researching Islam, and I have. The Islamic states are fucking disgusting. It offends every fiber of my being and I really do hate the evil men in positions of authority in places like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Egypt, and even Turkey. But is Islam the cause, or the vehicle by which this sick power is wielded? If Muhammad had never lived, would we the the same or similar problems, or is he to blame? What about Paul of Tarsus/Saul in Christianity? Who or what is to blame?

Ultimately I think we have to blame it all on people's willingness to bend knee to authority and accept their "positions" in life. In short stupidity and laziness.