The absolutely crazy things that believers believe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: The absolutely crazy things that believers believe
(27-05-2017 05:11 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  You want to hear about crazy? I work with a woman at the local Transfer Station who claims that she is psychic. She "sees" ghosts and angels, and even claims to communicate with her dead husband via some wind chimes in her kitchen. Facepalm

If you can ask her for the winning lottery numbers this week, that'd be great Drinking Beverage

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
30-05-2017, 01:41 PM
I somehow gotten into a debate with a theist that believe's one of the athiests made a time machine, and created alll the evidence that debunks the bible, and destroyed all the evidence that proves the bible.
30-05-2017, 02:35 PM
(30-05-2017 01:41 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  I somehow gotten into a debate with a theist that believe's one of the athiests made a time machine, and created alll the evidence that debunks the bible, and destroyed all the evidence that proves the bible.

Really ironic given the early Catholic church's concerted effort to destroy anything that might cast doubt on Jesus (gnostic gospels, works of Celsus, etc).
[+] 3 users Like Grauwyler's post
30-05-2017, 03:36 PM
(27-05-2017 05:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 05:03 PM)Dr H Wrote:  The entire Rastafarian religion is based on a single reference in a single Psalm: Psalm 68:4

Well, that, and the divinity of Haile Selassie.

Which was established by an authentic miracle ™ Smile I quite like Rastafarianism. They're batshit insane in rather fun ways. Not so many of them nowadays of course, since Haile Selassie popped his clogs.

Their music beats the shit out of Sanctified Brethren hymns, anyway. Wink

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
30-05-2017, 03:38 PM
(30-05-2017 01:41 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  I somehow gotten into a debate with a theist that believe's one of the athiests made a time machine, and created alll the evidence that debunks the bible, and destroyed all the evidence that proves the bible.

Shh... Cool

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
31-05-2017, 02:09 AM
My father got into a debate with a religious chap who he works with. Said chap said that all dinosaur bones were placed there by the governments of the world to try and get people to not be religious. All I can think of is, "why?". I honestly see no motive behind that at all.

And time travel! WOW, you'd think potentially the greatest discovery of humanity (being able to bend space/time effectively to make that work) would be announced in some fashion. But then you can go off into other theories like linear time lines/alternate time lines, like how does he know by going back it changes anything now? maybe it creates an alternate reality? It raises more questions than it supposedly solves.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
31-05-2017, 08:28 AM

Then their weak ass god should have stopped the atheist.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
31-05-2017, 07:32 PM
(30-05-2017 05:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(27-05-2017 05:11 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  You want to hear about crazy? I work with a woman at the local Transfer Station who claims that she is psychic. She "sees" ghosts and angels, and even claims to communicate with her dead husband via some wind chimes in her kitchen. Facepalm

If you can ask her for the winning lottery numbers this week, that'd be great Drinking Beverage

> That would be funny, but she's never claimed to be able to predict the future.