The actual truth about how the universe came into play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: The actual truth about how the universe came into play
(22-09-2015 02:55 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator.

Citation needed.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-09-2015, 09:23 AM
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  So all im hearing from all of is that the universe came from absolutely nothing. I swear you guys have a really ignorant sense of mind and choose to not believe the obvious. The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd Laughat

Your ignorance seems to come from a lack of something. We call that a lack of knowledge. Drinking Beverage

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-09-2015, 12:14 PM
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  So all im hearing from all of is that the universe came from absolutely nothing. I swear you guys have a really ignorant sense of mind and choose to not believe the obvious. The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd Laughat

Obviously it was Universe creating Pixies. Duh!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
23-09-2015, 02:05 PM
(22-09-2015 03:14 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 02:55 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator. Your efforts to deny it and come up with other explanations won't change the fact.

Do you have anything at all to back up your "obvious fact"? Anything? Seriously, provide one smidgen for us to discuss like adults>

It is an observable fact. Just read any biology book that describes how complex life is at the cellular level and ask yourself if such complexity could have come about by chance. It is a characteristic of humans to ignore or explain away unpleasant facts so anyone who doesn't want to believe in God will find reasons to reject the evidence that proves his existence.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2015, 02:08 PM
(23-09-2015 02:05 PM)theophilus Wrote:  It is an observable fact. Just read any biology book that describes how complex life is at the cellular level and ask yourself if such complexity could have come about by chance.

Personal incredulity is not an argument. It is, in fact, the opposite of an argument.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
23-09-2015, 02:32 PM
(23-09-2015 02:05 PM)theophilus Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 03:14 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Do you have anything at all to back up your "obvious fact"? Anything? Seriously, provide one smidgen for us to discuss like adults>

It is an observable fact. Just read any biology book that describes how complex life is at the cellular level and ask yourself if such complexity could have come about by chance.

Firstly it is not "by chance" - nice try. Secondly reading the next fucking chapter of the same biology textbook (unless it was written by creationists) will result in an exposition of how evolution can lead to complex life.

"Observable fact" Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-09-2015, 03:12 PM
The actual truth about how the universe came into play
(23-09-2015 02:05 PM)theophilus Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 03:14 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Do you have anything at all to back up your "obvious fact"? Anything? Seriously, provide one smidgen for us to discuss like adults>

It is an observable fact. Just read any biology book that describes how complex life is at the cellular level and ask yourself if such complexity could have come about by chance. It is a characteristic of humans to ignore or explain away unpleasant facts so anyone who doesn't want to believe in God will find reasons to reject the evidence that proves his existence.

Read any textbook on geology to see how complex non-living systems are and realize God doesn't exist.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
24-09-2015, 06:58 AM

Fuck. Your first two posts tell me there is no reason not to have you on ignore. Between your total lack of understanding of the issue and your smug attitude, there's no point. The terrible grammar is just frosting on the shit cake.
24-09-2015, 07:04 AM
(24-09-2015 06:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The terrible grammar is just frosting on the shit cake.

Laugh out load

That is similar to one I use, “Whipped cream on dog shit”.

So this guy’s bedrock argument is “we don’t know so goddidit”, cool, first time we’ve encountered this argument Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-09-2015, 03:06 PM
[Image: winston.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post