The actual truth about how the universe came into play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: The actual truth about how the universe came into play
(22-09-2015 02:55 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator.

Yeah but you find Tinkertoys complex so your opinion is not particularly useful.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 04:29 PM
(24-09-2015 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 02:55 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator.

Yeah but you find Tinkertoys complex so your opinion is not particularly useful.

This actually caused me to laugh out loud. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
24-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I was there before it all began, I farted, and the shit that ensued was the primordial soup and the corn became planets. Can't prove it didn't, therefore, butt god. If you dispute it, it's all done in a different dimension that you can't see or feel and just gotta have faith because it's beyond space and time. The end.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
25-09-2015, 06:05 AM
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  So all im hearing from all of is that the universe came from absolutely nothing. I swear you guys have a really ignorant sense of mind and choose to not believe the obvious. The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd Laughat

Laugh out load

You're right, op. It's pretty obvious that Azathoth expanded from the point of singularity and that the rest of the universe are his excretions. Then you had the Elder Things kick-starting the evolution of life on earth while engineering slavish lifeforms to do their bidding. It's all true! I know this for a fact because it's in a book somewhere.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
25-09-2015, 07:09 AM
[Image: reg%20upsidedown%2006%20001.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
25-09-2015, 07:14 AM
(24-09-2015 04:29 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah but you find Tinkertoys complex so your opinion is not particularly useful.

This actually caused me to laugh out loud. Big Grin

Me too, and I was at work. I'ma gonna gets in trouble one of these days reading TTA at work. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, so I go to a Christian university and for an assignment I need to present the cosmological argument and see what you guys think about it. Are there any holes in this argument as presented below that you see and how would you refute it if you can?

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
2. The universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the universe has a cause.

Thanks!
29-09-2015, 08:29 PM
(29-09-2015 08:16 PM)jma12b Wrote:  Hey guys, so I go to a Christian university and for an assignment I need to present the cosmological argument and see what you guys think about it. Are there any holes in this argument as presented below that you see and how would you refute it if you can?

Thanks!

Welcome to TTA.

There are christian universities? That's bizarre!

Yup, lots of holes. Prepare to bombarded with links to loadsa youtube vids and other threads on TTA were this (and variations of it) have been dismantled before.

Good luck sifting through them.

Thumbsup

29-09-2015, 08:29 PM
(29-09-2015 08:16 PM)jma12b Wrote:  Hey guys, so I go to a Christian university and for an assignment I need to present the cosmological argument and see what you guys think about it. Are there any holes in this argument as presented below that you see and how would you refute it if you can?

Thanks!

I disagree with "cause". Just because it begins to exist doesn't necessarily mean it has a cause.
29-09-2015, 08:35 PM
The actual truth about how the universe came into play
Can something exist as a cause before there is time?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick