The actual truth about how the universe came into play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: The actual truth about how the universe came into play
(23-11-2015 12:06 PM)cainchild Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:56 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Judging atheists for responding to a post (that they likely read in its entirety before replying) by a theist on an atheist forum that is full of shit, kind of makes you a hypocrite Drinking Beverage

I get the frustration, my neighbors are bicycle Mormons. I don't see how it makes me a hypocrite not to sink to their level. Every time we meet at the mailbox they have little pamplets, but I don't point and call them retards, I treat them with respect because of what that says about me, not them. Convincing a theist on the internet that all Atheist are bastards leads to their ears and minds being forever closed in real life. That's my only point, not judgement.

You're a hypocrite for the way in which you engaged in this thread.

"Convincing a theist on the internet that all Atheist are bastards leads to their ears and minds being forever closed in real life. That's my only point, not judgement."

The opinion of a theist on the internet, is not something many of us give a fuck about. Why the hell do I give a shit what their opinion of me or other atheists are?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2015, 02:40 PM
(23-11-2015 11:56 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Judging atheists for responding to a post (that they likely read in its entirety before replying) by a theist on an atheist forum that is full of shit, kind of makes you a hypocrite Drinking Beverage

I get the frustration, my neighbors are bicycle Mormons. I don't see how it makes me a hypocrite not to sink to their level. Every time we meet at the mailbox they have little pamplets, but I don't point and call them retards, I treat them with respect because of what that says about me, not them. Convincing a theist on the internet that all Atheist are bastards leads to their ears and minds being forever closed in real life. That's my only point, not judgement.

I understand what you are saying and if you read many of the posts (besides gwg's) they were well thought out and sans turd.

Having said that each of us reserves the right on how to respond to what appears to me to be a drive-by theist without checking with you or anyone else.

You, being new here, haven't had the pleasure of dealing with theist trolls on a daily basis. On those rare occasions when someone sincerely wants to engage in a dialogue they are most often treated in kind by the majority.

In the end this Forum is a refuge, theists enter at their own risk. While we on occasion enjoy a lively debate with believers most of us have little patience with proselytizing or ignorant trolls.

If you are looking for the smell of fresh baked cookies this isn't the place. Oh, and be careful where you step. Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
23-11-2015, 04:12 PM
(23-11-2015 11:42 AM)cainchild Wrote:  Instead of bashing the op in an effort to try and feel superior, and assuming that the poster is theistic, and thus incapable of thought and undeserving of being treated like a human, I will go ahead and bite. Blah Blah , something something scientists look under all the stones, even the ones we think are ridiculous.

Why do you assume that extreme complexity cannot emerge from even small amounts of chaos or entropy?
I would argue that putting 30 rubber balls in a paint mixer is going to result in a far more complex flight pattern for those balls than would filling it up completely in a highly organized fashion. In both cases complexity is going to increase if those balls break apart, and if they have the opportunity to move about randomly they have higher complexity from the start. Thus, my argument is that complexity actually requires a certain amount of disorganization, and increases(diminishes in certain cases) with alterations in scale. I mean, science can assert with at least some certainty that the universe was likely at it's most complex when it was far far younger. More balls bouncing around in a smaller universe.

The postulation that the universe came from nothing, is essentially a bad misinterpretation of questionable scientific theory and the unsubtle and pop-culture version of the free lunch. The reality in science is so much more...sciencey and complex. Occam's razor may be a useful tool, but in itself does not define scientific discoveries. The free lunch, from zero energy is one of many very much valid interpretations of that data. You'd do better in this case to argue in favor of M theory I think. After all, countless big bangs and countless collisions between differing dimensions or membranes is A LOT more complex than just this on immigrating from a sudden loss of homeostasis in a primordial nothingness.

And compliments to goodwithoutgod for the only other answer that wasn't snide to the point of being a discredit to the capacity for civility with atheists.

Check this thread out:

Someone pretending to know all about who atheists are and what they think.

Questions to atheists

Here's another thread:

Incredible ignorance and snide attitude for Jesus I guess.

Evolution is a psuedoscience, myth, and simply just a religion

Here's another:

What would we do without our weekly threat of hell from theists?

Believe and now before it's too late.(With Science and Archaeology evidence for God)

If only you could convince theists to play nice, like their religion tells them to?

We don't get any internet brownie points for playing nice with these people. All we get is one proselytizing blowhard after another coming on this forum to bloviate.

Oh, and that doesn't include the constant stream of nutjobs that have serious mental issues that think they've figured out the answer to everything.

[Image: mr+rogers.png]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
23-11-2015, 04:21 PM
(23-11-2015 02:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  If you are looking for the smell of fresh baked cookies this isn't the place. Oh, and be careful where you step. Thumbsup

I was promised cookies. Angry Where are the cookies? Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2015, 04:27 PM
(23-11-2015 04:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 02:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  If you are looking for the smell of fresh baked cookies this isn't the place. Oh, and be careful where you step. Thumbsup

I was promised cookies. Angry Where are the cookies? Weeping

OK fine, have a cookie...sheesh. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Energy and matter are interchangeable. Energy is neither created nor destroyed (principle of conservation of energy). The logical conclusion from what we observe in this universe would be that it always existed in some form, and did not "begin to exist".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-11-2015, 05:03 PM
(23-11-2015 11:42 AM)cainchild Wrote:  ...

And compliments to goodwithoutgod for the only other answer that wasn't snide to the point of being a discredit to the capacity for civility with atheists.

Thanks. But a lot of us are more than fully capable of in-depth intellectual and academic level discourse, sadly we don't get many theists in here who can do the same. A man can dream though.....

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-11-2015, 05:47 PM
def universe[0..6]
return universe[-1]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-11-2015, 11:56 PM
(23-11-2015 11:42 AM)cainchild Wrote:  And compliments to goodwithoutgod for the only other answer that wasn't snide to the point of being a discredit to the capacity for civility with atheists.

We value your opinion.

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-11-2015, 12:53 AM

Then you don't seem to understand the people like this OP who post once or twice then leave are common. They have no desire to comeback to the site regardless of the response. They just want to say their piece and move on, not stand at your doorway and have a conversation with you. If the OP was a bicycle Mormon, he'd just ride by shouting messages and continue riding by, not stop by your doorstep. They're pointless to converse with in some manner you wish, they're not even going to READ it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post