The actual truth about how the universe came into play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2015, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2015 06:26 AM by Fatbaldhobbit.)
RE: The actual truth about how the universe came into play
(25-09-2015 06:05 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Laugh out load

You're right, op. It's pretty obvious that Azathoth expanded from the point of singularity and that the rest of the universe are his excretions. Then you had the Elder Things kick-starting the evolution of life on earth while engineering slavish lifeforms to do their bidding. It's all true! I know this for a fact because it's in a book somewhere.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

~ On Judgment Day, may Great Cthulhu eat you last!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-11-2015, 06:19 AM
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)cainchild Wrote:  Hubris is anathema to good science, as are presupposed biases. There is a line between atheism and anti-theism. Am I right in noting that this site is anti-theist?

No. This is an atheist forum. It is my experience that the members vary widely across the spectrum of atheistic beliefs. There are even a few regular posters who claim a religious faith.

Hubris can be demonstrated by joining a forum and lecturing members about hubris. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-11-2015, 08:01 AM
(24-11-2015 06:19 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-11-2015 11:25 AM)cainchild Wrote:  Hubris is anathema to good science, as are presupposed biases. There is a line between atheism and anti-theism. Am I right in noting that this site is anti-theist?

No. This is an atheist forum. It is my experience that the members vary widely across the spectrum of atheistic beliefs. There are even a few regular posters who claim a religious faith.

Hubris can be demonstrated by joining a forum and lecturing members about hubris. Drinking Beverage

That’s going in the words I want to Remember thread Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-11-2015, 08:24 AM
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  So all im hearing from all of is that the universe came from absolutely nothing. I swear you guys have a really ignorant sense of mind and choose to not believe the obvious. The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd Laughat

You are the ignorant one because QM is very complex, and "nothing" when science uses the term does not have the same meaning idiot laypeople like you use.

Same stupid crap taking the scientific word "law" and stupidly thinking scientists are secretly admitting there is a magic man "lawgiver".

But if you want to make the argument your old bronze age magic man out of a comic book explains science better, we can go there.

If God came from nothing and always existed, then why cant that work with the universe without a bronze age comic book super hero?

A 14 billion year old universe, a 4 billion year old planet, in a galaxy with 10s of billions of stars, in a universe full of 100s of billions of galaxies. And our current species has only been here for about 200,000 years, most of it ignorant, not even any written tradition for most of that time either.

Humans can choke because they share the same eating breathing tube. Eagles have better eyesight than humans. Cockroaches and bacteria outnumber humans and have been around much longer.

You are stupidly stuck on "pretty" and stupidly confusing complexity with "design". If you think "all this" is pretty, you are welcome to take a space walk and take your helmet off, although I wouldn't recommend that.

How about you consider that humans make up gods instead of assuming one is a requirement. Stephen Hawkins "A god is NOT required".......But what would he know.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
26-11-2015, 11:01 AM
(15-09-2015 01:13 PM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  Did you know that the world/universe is way to complex to not have a creator.
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd Laughat

Never trust anyone who doesn't know the difference between "too" and "to". Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post