The actual truth about how the universe came into play

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2015, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2015 08:13 PM by Aliza.)
RE: The actual truth about how the universe came into play
(19-09-2015 04:41 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 11:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  GWG meet Aliza. She's a Jew. She posted a video presenting a logical assessment on the validity of Judaism. Imma steal it laterz and add three lines and put in the proving god with youtube thread. Big Grin

Ahh that's right, I forgot, so many people, so little time to memorize their worldviews. My apologies Aliza, I wasn't poking at you. Angel

Oh, not to worry! I've been distracted with studying for a few days, so all I've really been doing is scanning posts while I do homework. Please don't take my lack timely response as a sign that I was offended.

I never really did a proper introduction post here; I just wrote the bare minimum. In either case, I can fully understand how difficult it is to keep track of people's backstories through scattered posts throughout the forum. Maybe I should add something to my account bio. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
19-09-2015, 08:12 PM
(19-09-2015 07:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I never really did a proper introduction post here; I just wrote the bare minimum. In either case, I can fully understand how difficult it is to keep track of people's backstories through scattered posts throughout the forum. Maybe I should add something to my account bio. Smile

There we go. I've updated my bio.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
19-09-2015, 08:50 PM
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  So all im hearing from all of is that the universe came from absolutely nothing. I swear you guys have a really ignorant sense of mind and choose to not believe the obvious. The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd Laughat

You seem to only be seeing things from a very simplistic point of view.

Firstly, "nothingness" is impossible, for even if it had existence, it would be a "something."

In short, "nothingness" is not a thing.

Secondly, who said the universe ever came from anything? Sure, there are theories such as the Big Bang et al, but even that tells you that, if true, the known observable universe came from "something."

Thirdly, what if maybe ... just maybe ... the universe was never created at all and is actually and eternal and infinite existence? After all, we cannot find any edge to it, or height, width, depth, no dimensions whatsoever.

And finally, do you really understand what is implied by the position and statement of "A Universe From Nothing?"

You are obviously a believer in one of the thousands of gods that have existed throughout human history. Which god do you ascribe to? Osris? Mithra? Allah? Jehovah? Yahweh? Jesus?

Which one is your god?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
19-09-2015, 09:23 PM
(16-09-2015 10:00 AM)trevor_jennings Wrote:  The universe is way to complex to made from nothing...you guys are absurd.

Tell us, Trevor, just how complex (ie how simple it would have to be) the universe could be, so it *could* be made from nothing. If your statement makes ANY sense at all, then you must have a standard of complexity, beyond which "a god done did it". So, describe a simple enough universe where a god didn't have to do it, and what standard EXACTLY you use to determine the difference in complexity.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-09-2015, 04:42 AM

20-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Good video, Ace. I've basically never been exposed to philosophy before, or how it might be used to prove the existence of G-d. I thought the video did a good job of holding my hand and explaining things to me along the way so I could follow along and actually walk away with something useful. Smile
20-09-2015, 06:33 PM
IMHO William Lane Craig is one of the most idiotic humans masquerading as an intellectual I have ever seen. The Kalam Cosmological argument? Really? It doesn't even specify a god!

He has lost every debate I have seen him in.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-09-2015, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 03:00 PM by theophilus.)
The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator. Your efforts to deny it and come up with other explanations won't change the fact.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2015, 03:14 PM
(22-09-2015 02:55 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator. Your efforts to deny it and come up with other explanations won't change the fact.

Do you have anything at all to back up your "obvious fact"? Anything? Seriously, provide one smidgen for us to discuss like adults>

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
22-09-2015, 03:23 PM
(22-09-2015 02:55 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The OP pointed out an obvious fact - the universe is too complex to have come into existence without an intelligent creator. Your efforts to deny it and come up with other explanations won't change the fact.

Your efforts to assert god did it are baseless and without evidence.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition