The aerial warfare thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: The aeiral warfare thread.
(12-02-2016 06:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 09:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sexy and scary as it proves that the arms race between the USA and Russia ain't over, in fact I think we could be on the verge of a second cold war.

Perhaps one interesting difference is that right now more of our military, at least at the lower levels, is more supportive of Putin than of our own leaders.

That's because they want to do more than just training. Garrison duty is a bitch, with officers looking for the least bit of tarnish on a button, as opposed to wartime, when capability is held to highest regard, and buttons are a dim fourth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2016, 04:45 AM
(12-02-2016 06:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-02-2016 09:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sexy and scary as it proves that the arms race between the USA and Russia ain't over, in fact I think we could be on the verge of a second cold war.

Perhaps one interesting difference is that right now more of our military, at least at the lower levels, is more supportive of Putin than of our own leaders.

That doesn't surprise me yak, sort of a "round em up put em in a field and bomb the bastards" attitude.
13-02-2016, 04:59 AM
It is the 80th anniversary of the Supermarine Spitfire.

80th.

The most gorgeous aircraft ever IMHO.

[Image: spitfire.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
13-02-2016, 05:12 AM
[Image: f4u-7.gif]

CV-21, USS Boxer. She served until 1969, ending her career as an amphibious assault ship, helicopter.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
13-02-2016, 05:17 AM
(13-02-2016 05:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  [Image: f4u-7.gif]

CV-21, USS Boxer. She served until 1969, ending her career as an amphibious assault ship, helicopter.

Great aircraft, the Corsair. I read Boyington's and Blackburn's books. Great reads.

Thanks to the RN that they then served in the USN off its carriers.

[Image: corsair-122-kd780.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-02-2016, 05:19 AM
(13-02-2016 04:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It is the 80th anniversary of the Supermarine Spitfire.

80th.

Agreed trouble is everyone says the same that's why I didn't put it in my top three but the spit is gorgeous
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-02-2016, 05:22 AM
(13-02-2016 05:19 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 04:59 AM)Banjo Wrote:  It is the 80th anniversary of the Supermarine Spitfire.

80th.

Agreed trouble is everyone says the same that's why I didn't put it in my top three but the spit is gorgeous

The Mk VIII with its tail is hard to beat.

[Image: Spitfire%20Pic.jpg]

Banjo.
13-02-2016, 05:22 AM
Ok guys don't want to hijack banjo's thread but top three ugliest aircraft? Got to go check my aircraft books
13-02-2016, 05:27 AM
The PE 2 was pretty ugly, but effective.

[Image: Polikarpov_Po-2_28_(G-BSSY)_(6740751017).jpg]

Banjo.
13-02-2016, 05:39 AM
I stopped at a store one day, small town in Indiana. I heard a prop plane overhead and looked up to see a ZERO! I was a bit stunned, but then I looked behind it and saw a P-51! My flabber was well and truly gasted and I screamed "To the airport!!!" The Confederate Air Force was stopping for gas and we got to do some walk-arounds. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post