The alternate (Trump) media

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2017, 06:29 PM
The alternate (Trump) media
So I think what we saw today, a rally financed by his (anonymous) campaign donors, will be his own news outlet.

He gets to repeat his speeches, get the crowd to chant about the wall, gets to bathe in adulation and then go home and sign some of Bannon's stuff and watch TV. Perfect.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-02-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: The alternate (Trump) media
(18-02-2017 06:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
what we saw today

We?

Do you mean Murikans?
Do you mean people who watch TV?
Do you mean people in your time zone?

Huh

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
19-02-2017, 02:53 AM
Apologies if this has been reported elsewhere here—I'll delete as necessary if so...

Melbourne AGE, Paul McGeough, 19Feb:

Americans Take an Anxious Journey to the Centre of Donald Trump's Mind

It's not just the commentariat in the "fake press", on which Trump has upped the ante, denouncing them as "the enemy of the American people". Mental health professionals are weighing in. In a letter to the editor of The New York Times last week, 35 psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers acknowledged they were in breach of professional rules against evaluating public figures, but to remain silent, they wrote, denied journalists and members of Congress the value of their expertise at this critical time.

Here's their diagnosis: "Mr. Trump's speech and actions demonstrate an inability to tolerate views different from his own, leading to rage reactions. His words and behaviour suggest a profound inability to empathise. Individuals with these traits distort reality to suit their psychological state, attacking facts and those who convey them (journalists, scientists). "In a powerful leader, these attacks are likely to increase, as his personal myth of greatness appears to be confirmed. We believe that the grave emotional instability indicated by Mr Trump's speech and actions makes him incapable of serving safely as president."

—Will other powerful Republicans such as Marco Rubio be quietly gathering GOP numbers in advance of Trump's unavoidable and eventual downfall?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
19-02-2017, 04:12 AM
Hi,

Trump is a very clever man. By constantly selling the 'fake news' meme against a free press, he is able to cover his own lies in the process. I think Hillary called this 'bait and switch'.

The amazing thing is that Trump has not been effectively called out by anyone so far and health professionals questioning his sanity while he is p****** all over them won't work.

The GOP are scared s******* of Trump and I can see why. They couldn't stop him in the primaries, so how could they stop him now?

Sadly, IMHO the only thing that will stop Trump is massive economic meltdown or losing a war. It really will need to go to that. No It always does with dictators.

D.
19-02-2017, 04:45 AM
(19-02-2017 04:12 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

Trump is a very clever man. By constantly selling the 'fake news' meme against a free press, he is able to cover his own lies in the process. I think Hillary called this 'bait and switch'.

He's not that clever. He's only parroting what the alt.right movement brought up as a talking point. They are calling it "Luegenpresse" which is actually the same German word Goebbels used to discredit Freedom of the Press. The lying press.

Someone's obviously feeding him the Coolaid, since when challenged on what he says, he isn't capable of a coherent answer. He resorts to rambling about his supposed popularity and jumps from topic to topic.
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
19-02-2017, 04:51 AM
Never in the history have i seen a clever, sinister, power hungry, authoritarian, dicatatorial, or whatever you like, man make a complete fool out of himself in the public....constantly....over simple, silly (inauguration crowd and weather, etc) things, because its part of his plan to gain power.

Clever and power hungry people dont like to be viewed as utter fools by almost everyone on the planet, not about almost everything they do or say.

Doesnt mean Trump doesnt have a personality disorder.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
19-02-2017, 05:55 AM
(19-02-2017 04:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Doesnt mean Trump doesnt have a personality disorder.

No, but he's not very bright. Shrewd, but certainly not intelligent or educated. He's constantly out to confirm his popularity. That's obviously more important than anything else. Which points to a deeply insecure personality. He needs populous acclaim. It's his fuel and he will always be nothing more than a demagogue.

There have been media reports that he takes all his talking points from Fox news. Fox says something and the very next moment he's on Twitter repeating what they just said, selling it as his own thoughts.
19-02-2017, 06:10 AM
(19-02-2017 05:55 AM)abaris Wrote:  No, but he's not very bright. Shrewd, but certainly not intelligent or educated.
Thats what i was trying to say Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
19-02-2017, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2017 06:47 AM by Dom.)
(18-02-2017 11:42 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 06:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  ...
what we saw today

We?

Do you mean Murikans?
Do you mean people who watch TV?
Do you mean people in your time zone?

Huh

T'was my dogs and me, and the cat, although he doesn't pay much attention.

(19-02-2017 06:10 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 05:55 AM)abaris Wrote:  No, but he's not very bright. Shrewd, but certainly not intelligent or educated.
Thats what i was trying to say Big Grin

He is uneducated and probably has a low IQ. His slyness is a different intelligence from ours - one gleaned from having to pay close attention to all the people in his life when he was young in order to be able to mimic emotions (hence the exaggerated facial expressions). This gives the malignant narcissist (who, remember, couldn't care less whether you hate or love him, it's all about being the center of attention) an advantage in manipulation. He doesn't understand how emotions feel, but he knows how to solicit them. And he knows we are slaves to our emotions, while he only has to deal with attention/no attention. (This feeds his superiority.)

Anyway, he now has his own "news outlet", paid for by people we do not know. While he loves all the hoopla the media gives him, he wants to be able to be in total control of what he talks about. Manipulation, through repetition (after all, he himself believes things once he has said them often) and eliciting of emotions, those are his skills. Also, the creation of confusion is important. Once people are sufficiently confused and unsure, he can sail in as the big soother, making everything all right. (Gas lighting)

If you pay close attention to his voice, you can clearly hear the agitator, the fear monger, and the soother as he switches approaches.

While he functions on a plane that is alien to us, do not underestimate him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man