The answer for timothy 2:12

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 01:53 PM
The answer for timothy 2:12
Timothy 2:12 states:: I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[a] she must be quiet.

And this is the answer I got back.

In reference to 1 Timothy 2:12 Paul is addressing the Ephesian church where women were abusing their newly acquired Christian freedom. Because these women were new converts, they did not yet have the necessary experience, knowledge, or Christian maturity to teach those who already had extensive Scriptural education. So case in point where people are taking context out of Scripture and twisting it into what they think it means!

What do you guys think?

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unreal's post
25-09-2012, 02:00 PM
RE: The answer for timothy 2:12
Whoever gave you that answer just gave you the equivalent of "Shut up you dumb bitch." as an interpretation to that verse.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 5 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
25-09-2012, 02:03 PM
(25-09-2012 01:53 PM)Unreal Wrote:  Timothy 2:12 states:: I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[a] she must be quiet.

In reference to 1 Timothy 2:12 Paul is addressing the Ephesian church where women were abusing their newly acquired Christian freedom. Because these women were new converts, they did not yet have the necessary experience, knowledge, or Christian maturity to teach those who already had extensive Scriptural education. So case in point where people are taking context out of Scripture and twisting it into what they think it means!

What do you guys think?

How could they possibly know that was the case? This just sounds like the same old convoluted apologetics crap to me.

They make it up as they go along.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-09-2012, 02:05 PM
The 'answer' you got sounds like that of one given by a Jehovah's Witness. Did you have one at your door?

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-09-2012, 02:05 PM
See.. that is my problem. I couldn't find any reference to where that came from. Does that make any sense in actual reference to Timothy 2:12?

25-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Was the name of this person JKnight213 or some permutation thereof?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-09-2012, 02:08 PM
(25-09-2012 01:53 PM)Unreal Wrote:  Timothy 2:12 states:: I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[a] she must be quiet.

What do you guys think?

Believers take the entire bible out of context and give it divine purpose. When you start debating bible verses, you enter into the illogical world of the bible where every passage, phrase, and word must be interpreted in a way that keeps the bible holy, sacred, and a guide for all of mankind. Reading the bible believing that it's the word of a god is the ultimate example of twisting something into what you think it means.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
25-09-2012, 02:09 PM
no, someone I know in person. Why do you ask?
Before I made an ass out of myself, I tried finding that, but... I couldnt.

25-09-2012, 02:14 PM
(25-09-2012 02:09 PM)Unreal Wrote:  no, someone I know in person. Why do you ask?
Before I made an ass out of myself, I tried finding that, but... I couldnt.

It sounds like a copy-paste interpretation. Whoever came up with it first, I don't know.

25-09-2012, 02:26 PM

What do you guys think?

Saul of Tausus did not write the letters to Timothy. Scholars know that for many reasons. They were written after the turn of the Century. If he existed, as one guy, (doubtful), he was dead by then.

Has nothing to do with "scripture". There was no "scripture" to have have an education "about" at that point. The gospels were not circulating yet, and the letters were not circulating yet. The Hebrew scriptures were not "circulating", and studied ONLY by Rabbis. Books were rare.

There were a number of times when various powerful women had gained leadership positions. Whoever wrote it, (all of it actually), did it an attempt to limit the power of women. It happened a number of times. The most famous is the conflation of Mary of Magdala, in popular imagination with the prostitute in the gospels, (which they DO NOT say was the same person). Whoever the writer was, was trying to keep women in the position HE thought they should be in....secondary.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post