The apocalyptic end days red calf dunh dunh dunh

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 07:44 PM
RE: The apocalyptic end days red calf dunh dunh dunh
(07-10-2015 07:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I can't offer my ex as a sacrifice?

apparently only if she is a perfect red calf Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2015, 08:05 PM
(07-10-2015 07:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

apparently only if she is a perfect red calf Consider

Do I get her certified, are there fees? Do I get cash back? I need to know these things Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-10-2015, 08:14 PM

Yes. However, if the world doesn't actually end, there will be all kinds of talk that may be uncomfortable. Just sayin'.

Oops- almost missed it- she has to be heifer- never bred. Are you willing to admit you never consummated your marriage? Ohmy
07-10-2015, 08:16 PM
(07-10-2015 08:14 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Yes. However, if the world doesn't actually end, there will be all kinds of talk that may be uncomfortable. Just sayin'.

Risk I will take lol Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-10-2015, 12:12 PM
This brings back some memories of my own stupidity, I certainly believed the red heifer would bring in the return of the messiah. Of course what the Jews mean by messiah and a fundamentalist Christian mean by messiah are two very different things.

The entire sacrifice ritual is antithetical to the Christian doctrine of atonement, I never thought about it too much. I suppose that I thought Yhwh exempted the Jews and applied the old law to them so this sacrifice meant something.

They talk like this red heifer will offer atonement for all of Israel, a mini-version of Jesus, just for Israel though. Facepalm

I also understood that the temple would be built smack-dab on top of the temple mount and require the mosque there to be destroyed.

So this is going to be a pogrom of Jew vs. Muslim, a state of anarchy between Israel and the mid east at large.

That's not a whole lot different than how it always is, yet it was always presented as a much more extreme version of affairs from normal, in short a general war in the mid east that drags in the rest of the world and leads to Armageddon.

Stupid fuckers. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-10-2015, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015 12:50 PM by JDog554.)
Edit: Woops, wrong thread, ignore this post Tongue

08-10-2015, 01:06 PM
wtf is a "*rapture"?

...it's not in my Greek Bible.

*I know what it is. Just saying. It's made up and doesn't exist anywhere in scripture.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-10-2015, 01:11 PM
(08-10-2015 01:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  wtf is a "*rapture"?

...it's not in my Greek Bible.

*I know what it is. Just saying. It's made up and doesn't exist anywhere in scripture.

I believe they tend to reference the greek word harpazo which means "caught away by force" but is wildly taken out of context as the scripture is referring to being taken in judgement

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user