The argument ad islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: The argument ad islam
(18-12-2014 09:45 AM)jet_palero Wrote:  Well obviously the bible is correct. I mean. . . its written down in the bible, and we KNOW the bible is true, so the bible must be right! I mean, the bible even SAYS its the truth!

It's more than that, of course. The double-edged sword of the Internet means that it's easier to get your grubby mitts on information and misinformation.

I'm in a Christian Apologetic group on Facebook right now, and there are several posters that will link to a huge amount of sites claiming scientific, historic, archaeological, and logical correctness of the Bible. As a general principle, I do not respond to those posts. It will only kill brain cells and/or raise blood pressure.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2014, 10:30 AM
(18-12-2014 09:45 AM)jet_palero Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 06:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That being said, I know no shortage of Christians who believe they can prove the historical accuracy of the Bible and the historical inaccuracy of the Koran. Once you're talking with someone who makes up their own facts, there's not much point in continuing.

Well obviously the bible is correct. I mean. . . its written down in the bible, and we KNOW the bible is true, so the bible must be right! I mean, the bible even SAYS its the truth!

And what about the eye witnesses! The bible says there's hundreds of witnesses of Jesus's miracles, and you can just go ask them! Jeez man, why would they lie about that?

Seriously, I don't understand why this is so hard! How can you disbelieve the bible when the bible says the bible is true?

And all this stuff happened in real places, so it must have really happened!

Just like how Harry Potter is real because it happened in London.Yes

Dodgy Another theist. I think this one's a Poe though.

Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-12-2014, 10:42 AM
(18-12-2014 09:45 AM)jet_palero Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 06:59 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That being said, I know no shortage of Christians who believe they can prove the historical accuracy of the Bible and the historical inaccuracy of the Koran. Once you're talking with someone who makes up their own facts, there's not much point in continuing.

Well obviously the bible is correct. I mean. . . its written down in the bible, and we KNOW the bible is true, so the bible must be right! I mean, the bible even SAYS its the truth!

And what about the eye witnesses! The bible says there's hundreds of witnesses of Jesus's miracles, and you can just go ask them! Jeez man, why would they lie about that?

Seriously, I don't understand why this is so hard! How can you disbelieve the bible when the bible says the bible is true?

And all this stuff happened in real places, so it must have really happened!

Just like how Harry Potter is real because it happened in London.Yes

Cute early post. Thumbsup

Also, hello and welcome etc.

Much cheers to all.
18-12-2014, 11:03 AM
(18-12-2014 09:45 AM)jet_palero Wrote:  Well obviously the bible is correct.

I read that as "Well obliviously the bible is correct"...
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-12-2014, 11:38 AM
(17-12-2014 04:42 PM)tear151 Wrote:  I've developed a new favourite of just repeating what christian apologists say and put allah there instead of God, does this one tend to actually work or just piss people off in your experience? I'm not sure it's overly productive.
I had a couple of JoHos (to pinch a phrase I saw earlier) knocking on the door a few months back so I had to go chat to them (one was pretty fit actually so it wasn't a wholly bad experience.

I asked them which god they believed in and one replied, rather curtly I thought, "we are Jehovas witnesses". "Ah", I reply, "you favour the Yahweh god, personally I prefer the Zeus stories myself". I was watching very carefully their expressions and I couldn't truthfully tell you what was going on inside but they both had a pretty vacant stare. I went on to say I knew exactly where their god was, and pointed to each of their foreheads. I must admit that was perhaps a little bit harsh but they did knock on my door.

Judging by their reaction, I don't think they process the idea of other gods at all well. The words enter but are filtered out to the recycle bin before they can interfere with their indoctrination.

They made their excuses and left. I watched her cute arse wiggle up the driveway - what a waste!

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2014, 01:10 PM
I like to use a similar tactic regarding the morality of the Bible. I quote verses from the Bible and say they come from the Qur'an (replacing 'the LORD' with 'Allah'). Once the Christian gets good and outraged by the orders of bloodlust, tell them it actually came from their own book.

Celebrate Reason ● Think For Yourself
www.theHeathensGuide.com
[Image: heathens-guide.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JonDarbyXIII's post
22-12-2014, 09:24 AM
(18-12-2014 01:10 PM)JonDarbyXIII Wrote:  I like to use a similar tactic regarding the morality of the Bible. I quote verses from the Bible and say they come from the Qur'an (replacing 'the LORD' with 'Allah'). Once the Christian gets good and outraged by the orders of bloodlust, tell them it actually came from their own book.

That's almost like when people were asked if they liked the Affordable Care Act better than Obama care.

There's a quote that goes sort of like "The greatest argument against democracy is the a conversation with the average voter."
[+] 2 users Like jet_palero's post
22-12-2014, 10:11 AM
(18-12-2014 01:10 PM)JonDarbyXIII Wrote:  I like to use a similar tactic regarding the morality of the Bible. I quote verses from the Bible and say they come from the Qur'an (replacing 'the LORD' with 'Allah'). Once the Christian gets good and outraged by the orders of bloodlust, tell them it actually came from their own book.
Guessing Game:

"I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy."

Where did this verse come from? The Bible or the Qu'ran?
22-12-2014, 10:12 AM
(17-12-2014 04:42 PM)tear151 Wrote:  I've developed a new favourite of just repeating what christian apologists say and put allah there instead of God, does this one tend to actually work or just piss people off in your experience? I'm not sure it's overly productive.

I insert the word cock.

Mainly for laughts.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
22-12-2014, 10:15 AM
(22-12-2014 10:11 AM)Bear100 Wrote:  Guessing Game:

"I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy."

Where did this verse come from? The Bible or the Qu'ran?

Qu'ran, my guess. Good idea for a forum game. Might finally give me an incentive to read the doorstop some bearded fella pressed on me last time I was in the UK.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.