The argument from desire

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2015, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 08:36 PM by Leo.)
RE: The argument from desire
(23-12-2015 03:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 12:59 PM)Leo Wrote:  Yep craving or desire and clinging for sensual pleasures , clinging for views , clinging to rules and vows , clinging to the doctrine of the self or ego is the root of suffering. Yes Thumbsup The Christards desire to know god is mostly because they are afraid of death. They are afraid of oblivion. They desire and crave to exist forever after death. Christards are too attached to their ego.
A true Christian doesn't act for reward.

I never said Christians act for reward. I said Christians believe or want to believe mostly because they are AFRAID of oblivion. They are afraid that death could be the end. Christians are AFRAID of death.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
23-12-2015, 06:53 PM
(23-12-2015 06:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 06:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yabut you're too pussy to even say the name of God let alone recognize me when I AM right in front of your face. Tongue

Technically speaking, she doesn't even know what god's proper name is. Girlyman is merely the moniker you use so us lowly mortals can address you in our limited and vulgar tongues.

Fair enough torturer of Titans. God's proper name is Bob.

[Image: bob_3.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-12-2015, 07:01 PM
(23-12-2015 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 06:36 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Technically speaking, she doesn't even know what god's proper name is. Girlyman is merely the moniker you use so us lowly mortals can address you in our limited and vulgar tongues.

Fair enough torturer of Titans. God's proper name is Bob.

How on Earth am I supposed to pronounce that? Don't you know that my lower jaw is truncated and all my teeth are missing? My vocalizations are constrained to a certain set of utterances.

Here is my attempt, nonetheless.

Close enough?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-12-2015, 07:18 PM
(23-12-2015 03:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 08:34 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's because it was artificially inserted. If you grew up in another part of the world or in another place or time, you would have a different set of beliefs from Christianity. If you lived in India, for example, you may be Hindu.

To illustrate god(s) are artificial: The Greeks believed their gods were real. So did the Egyptians. So did many other cultures/societies--each with their own set of beliefs/their own gods. If a belief in the Christian god was the "right" one--then why all these other gods and belief systems? Instead, everyone would be born knowing the same religion, the same god., which clearly isn't the case.
Divisions is talked about and referenced with the tower of babble. In reality there is but One Creator GOD. This truth is being realized more daily. Names are a derivative of greed and lust for power, not the direction of God.

It's the Tower of Babel. There is one God in the Bible (which if we want to get technical has several different names at one point due to several different writers and the fact that the Jews were making a shift from polytheism to monotheism.) The biblical God is not the same god that is found in any of the other religions despite the fact that you keep insisting that he is. The gods in other religions have different names, different characteristics, and come with a different set of beliefs.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
23-12-2015, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2015 07:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-12-2015 07:01 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fair enough torturer of Titans. God's proper name is Bob.

How on Earth am I supposed to pronounce that? Don't you know that my lower jaw is truncated and all my teeth are missing? My vocalizations are constrained to a certain set of utterances.

Here is my attempt, nonetheless.

Close enough?

Reference material. Thumbsup

The first intonations of BOB are clear.

#sigh
23-12-2015, 07:31 PM
(23-12-2015 07:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 03:02 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Divisions is talked about and referenced with the tower of babble. In reality there is but One Creator GOD. This truth is being realized more daily. Names are a derivative of greed and lust for power, not the direction of God.

It's the Tower of Babel. There is one God in the Bible (which if we want to get technical has several different names at one point due to several different writers and the fact that the Jews were making a shift from polytheism to monotheism.) The biblical God is not the same god that is found in any of the other religions despite the fact that you keep insisting that he is. The gods in other religions have different names, different characteristics, and come with a different set of beliefs.

Then you don't believe in the three in one God either, huh?
23-12-2015, 07:36 PM
(23-12-2015 07:31 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 07:18 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's the Tower of Babel. There is one God in the Bible (which if we want to get technical has several different names at one point due to several different writers and the fact that the Jews were making a shift from polytheism to monotheism.) The biblical God is not the same god that is found in any of the other religions despite the fact that you keep insisting that he is. The gods in other religions have different names, different characteristics, and come with a different set of beliefs.

Then you don't believe in the three in one God either, huh?

As a former Catholic I would say yes, I believed in the trinity. But all three are God himself. So technically God is one being with two other personalities. It's like a three leaf clover (how it was explained to me as a Catholic): Three leaves--one stem.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-12-2015, 07:38 PM
(23-12-2015 07:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 07:31 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Then you don't believe in the three in one God either, huh?

As a former Catholic I would say yes, I believed in the trinity. But all three are God himself. So technically God is one being with two other personalities. It's like a three leaf clover (how it was explained to me as a Catholic): Three leaves--one stem.

Or a three bean salad. Or a sewing machine oil! Presumably the Jews got away from the polytheism of former groups in their area as they developed, but Christianity brought them right back to it!
23-12-2015, 08:02 PM
(23-12-2015 07:38 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 07:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  As a former Catholic I would say yes, I believed in the trinity. But all three are God himself. So technically God is one being with two other personalities. It's like a three leaf clover (how it was explained to me as a Catholic): Three leaves--one stem.

Or a three bean salad. Or a sewing machine oil! Presumably the Jews got away from the polytheism of former groups in their area as they developed, but Christianity brought them right back to it!

Agreed. Jesus and the holy spirit via the trinity created the ability to introduce a demigod and another divine creation without God losing his mono-title.

24-12-2015, 12:58 AM
(23-12-2015 03:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 12:59 PM)Leo Wrote:  Yep craving or desire and clinging for sensual pleasures , clinging for views , clinging to rules and vows , clinging to the doctrine of the self or ego is the root of suffering. Yes Thumbsup The Christards desire to know god is mostly because they are afraid of death. They are afraid of oblivion. They desire and crave to exist forever after death. Christards are too attached to their ego.
A true Christian doesn't act for reward.

uhhh yeah they do

seriously what other purpose does salvation, gods favor and heaven serve other than a reward for doing what the almighty idiot wants you to do
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post