The art of spoiling yourself

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: The art of spoiling yourself
(19-07-2013 08:12 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't know how Weeping

If I ever get some money that I'm owed, I think I'm gonna buy a motorcycle though. I tell my wife it is to save money on gas, which is very true, but I really just want one, and she knows it. My ideal day of spoiling myself would be riding my imaginary motorcycle to a nice pond, catching a boatload of fish, then going camping with my wife in my own camper, which is also imaginary.

Make it happen!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2013, 08:22 PM

If I ever get some money that I'm owed, I think I'm gonna buy a motorcycle though. I tell my wife it is to save money on gas, which is very true, but I really just want one, and she knows it. My ideal day of spoiling myself would be riding my imaginary motorcycle to a nice pond, catching a boatload of fish, then going camping with my wife in my own camper, which is also imaginary.

Yep, start seriously working on it! It'll be worth it!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-07-2013, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 09:07 PM by ridethespiral.)
Sushi and Chrono Trigger lunch:

[Image: sushi.jpg]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ridethespiral's post
19-07-2013, 09:26 PM

Do it! Best time to buy is the late fall BTW. Take MSF first in some states it's even free and they have bikes for you to ride. Totally worth it to learn on their beaters rather than dropping your new investment.

Given any though to what kind of bike?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2013, 09:39 PM
I promise you, you won't be disappointed in riding Big Grin

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
19-07-2013, 09:41 PM
(19-07-2013 09:26 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Do it! Best time to buy is the late fall BTW. Take MSF first in some states it's even free and they have bikes for you to ride. Totally worth it to learn on their beaters rather than dropping your new investment.

I have no choice but to take a MSF if MSF means Motorcycle Safety something. I'm in the Navy Reserves, we MUST take the military's Motorcycle Safety Course. Otherwise we aren't covered if we get into an accident and get ouchies, and we aren't permitted to drive onto a military installation. There is no incentive not to, even if you hate learning safety.

My primary restriction on what bike I will eventually get will be budget. I will be looking for a used bike, something that is safe, dependable, and not too heavy (or large). As for the style, I want a cruiser. Something I can be comfortable on, and won't allow me to get too crazy.

Specifically, I have looked into the Kawasaki Vulcan models. I just don't know if it would be too large for me. I stand just shy of 5"7'.

19-07-2013, 09:50 PM
(19-07-2013 09:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 09:26 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Do it! Best time to buy is the late fall BTW. Take MSF first in some states it's even free and they have bikes for you to ride. Totally worth it to learn on their beaters rather than dropping your new investment.

I have no choice but to take a MSF if MSF means Motorcycle Safety something. I'm in the Navy Reserves, we MUST take the military's Motorcycle Safety Course. Otherwise we aren't covered if we get into an accident and get ouchies, and we aren't permitted to drive onto a military installation. There is no incentive not to, even if you hate learning safety.

My primary restriction on what bike I will eventually get will be budget. I will be looking for a used bike, something that is safe, dependable, and not too heavy (or large). As for the style, I want a cruiser. Something I can be comfortable on, and won't allow me to get too crazy.

Specifically, I have looked into the Kawasaki Vulcan models. I just don't know if it would be too large for me. I stand just shy of 5"7'.

My recommendation is start on something you're confident on. I've seen people start on something like a 250, and I've seen others start on Litre bikes. It really depends on how much self preservation, confidence and trust you have. Having a bike you are comfortable with is just as important as one that has an amount of power you like.

Keep in mind also that you do not have to flatfoot a bike. It's a common misconception. Some people think you need a bike that you can flat foot when you come to a stop but that is not necessary at all. In fact, I have a very petite friend, she's about 5'4" or 5'5" if I recall, super short. She races and does trackdays and she can't flatfoot almost any of the damn bikes she rides. She just gets used to coming to a stop and then stopping on one leg and then pushing back when she's ready to go.

I have a hard time totally flatfooting or tiptoeing my current bike, but I could care less. The bike doesn't care once you're moving Wink

19-07-2013, 10:07 PM
My small spoil costs $5 but is so wonderful!! I rarely use it though because those $5 bills can add up quick. The grocery store has an option that allows you to place an order online, and schedule a pick up time, and they have a drive thru lane for when you pickup. For $5 I don't have to shop with 2 kids in tow.

We are headed to the beach this weekend- Saturday at the beach is a nightmare because everyone is checking in/out of all the condo's for the next week. A bazillion people are at the store, etc. So I spoiled myself at the beach by paying someone else to fight the crowds.

Big Grin

toes in the sand-drink in my hand....can't wait.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
19-07-2013, 10:10 PM
A 250 might be what I have to start on, cause I don't want to go into debt. If I can, I'd like to get a Vulcan 500 if I can find the right one for the right price, but again, I've never even driven a motorcycle, just a dinky dirtbike when I was about 16 or so.

19-07-2013, 10:11 PM
[Image: 93d5a6fb19840d19b0a09d37af3f9d66.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post