The atheist afterlife?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: The atheist afterlife?
(26-10-2014 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 12:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  From Chas' favorite stem cell scientist. And there's BuckyBalls! Tongue

Is Death An Illusion? Evidence Suggests Death Isn’t the End.

Ol' wack-a-doodle Lanza. He's an MD - he's not a scientist.

Not true. He publishes in the prestigious heavily peer reviewed journals Cell and Nature. I would say he's a research scientist - he's not an MD. Likely never even treated a patient outside of med school and residency. ... Don't mean he ain't wack-a-doodle though. Just means he's harder to do dismiss than our typical resident wack-a-doodle idiots here. Tongue

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2014, 04:06 PM
(26-10-2014 03:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ol' wack-a-doodle Lanza. He's an MD - he's not a scientist.

Not true. He publishes in the prestigious heavily peer reviewed journals Cell and Nature. I would say he's a research scientist - he's not an MD. Likely never even treated a patient outside of med school and residency. ... Don't mean he ain't wack-a-doodle though. Just means he's harder to do dismiss than our typical resident wack-a-doodle idiots here. Tongue

Wikipedia Wrote:Lanza attended the University of Pennsylvania, receiving BA and MD degrees. There, he was a Benjamin Franklin Scholar and a University Scholar.
Lanza was a Fulbright Scholar. He currently resides in Clinton, Massachusetts.

He lives not too far away from me. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-10-2014, 04:22 PM
(26-10-2014 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 03:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not true. He publishes in the prestigious heavily peer reviewed journals Cell and Nature. I would say he's a research scientist - he's not an MD. Likely never even treated a patient outside of med school and residency. ... Don't mean he ain't wack-a-doodle though. Just means he's harder to do dismiss than our typical resident wack-a-doodle idiots here. Tongue

Wikipedia Wrote:Lanza attended the University of Pennsylvania, receiving BA and MD degrees. There, he was a Benjamin Franklin Scholar and a University Scholar.
Lanza was a Fulbright Scholar. He currently resides in Clinton, Massachusetts.

He lives not too far away from me. Consider

George tells me he's seen him hanging out in Worcester with Johnny and Gwynnies. Big Grin

#sigh
26-10-2014, 04:29 PM
(26-10-2014 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  He lives not too far away from me. Consider

George tells me he's seen him hanging out in Worcester with Johnny and Gwynnies. Big Grin

George? Huh

26-10-2014, 04:33 PM
(26-10-2014 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  George tells me he's seen him hanging out in Worcester with Johnny and Gwynnies. Big Grin

George? Huh

Cantor's canine keeper.

#sigh
26-10-2014, 04:37 PM
(26-10-2014 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  George? Huh

Cantor's canine keeper.

Right; forgot that.

26-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Sad RE: The atheist afterlife?
(24-10-2014 10:17 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Others take it much further and want to make a name for themselves that will go down in history.
Dawkins obviously has this problem

Does Billy Graham or Joel Osteen ring a bell? How about Ken Ham or Kent Hovind?

What an idiotic response.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
27-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Perhaps as one leaves Hitchens' metaphorical party, knowing it will go on without you, it helps to think someone might be singing your song well into the morning.

For me I do have a drive to share the knowledge I have gained in my lifetime. I want the price I have paid for the knowledge I have gained to pay off beyond my own death. Looking at it solely from the standpoint of efficiency it makes sense for the investment a society has made in one individual to pay off beyond that individual's lifetime. I still have a few things I would like to pay back to society, a few ideas I would like to reinvest.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post