Find all posts by this user
18-07-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: The atheist forum and cybermobbing
(18-07-2017 11:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 10:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Mm my post disappeared wierd. Consider

This is the PI&S section.

It was moved to
the appropriate thread.

Ah shit I should have checked sorry about that my bad.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-07-2017, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 12:18 PM by Leerob.)
Hi LaraLara,

I have to admit that I do not know what thread and what people you talk about.

Apart from that, let me tell you what I see from the OP you posted.

Apparently you got into an argument on this forum.
Arguments happen a lot here. Heavy arguments, very heated discussions. In such heated discussions, derailed threats, foul languages is often used. You made a great discovery there.

You found out that foul language is not being censored on this forum.
This is very important. This forum is trying to guarantee you free speech. With the one and only limit of things that are crimes. Free speech ensures that you can talk about what you want in the way you want. But it also ensures the same for others. If other people want to use foul language and you dislike that, you can ask them nicely to stop, you can leave the conversation, or you can stay and get angry. You chose the third option, which is your right.

You found that people ask you to stop playing the victim
While I have no idea what the discussion was about, a healthy discussion will never happen when one party acts victimized.

About sensitive people
Yes some people are more sensitive than others. Either they learn how to deal with disappointment and frustration or they learn to stay away from people and topics that make them feel bad. That's just how the world works.

About suicidal people that could be dead
I know of several people on this forum who are suicidal and they are not dead. They know when to leave a discussion. They learned to spot the signs of things getting too much. And they have a safety net here > actually right in this forum section. Because while we are all rough and have our edges, we also catch each other when it is needed and we talk each other up when it is needed. I have not heard of a single member in TTA that committed suicide as a result of what they read or discussed on here. Quite the contrary. A LOT of suicidal people got better because of this forum and the people here.

Last but not least
You are using a lot of very loaded words and language. And I understand why. You are feeling mistreated, hurt and disadvantaged right now. Nobody is on a witch hunt and nobody is out for you. There have been many members in the history of this forum, that had a wobbly start here like you. A lot of them found their place and adjusted to how things are here. The rest left at some point. Which way do you want to go? It is your decision. Take a step back for a day and two, let your mood cool down, and then think about it when you are calm.

And just to be clear. I am not being overly harsh here. i am giving you a small reality check and I hope that it is valuable for you. Again, take a day or two, and if you like, try a fresh start.

cheers
Rob

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 7 users Like Leerob's post
18-07-2017, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 01:03 PM by Aliza.)
I don't understand what the problem is here. You said in your original thread you wanted to talk to a theist. I am a theist, I have in my bio that I'm a theist, I identified myself as a theist, and I availed myself for conversation. You said you wanted to talk to the cybermob instead. Now you're upset because the quality of conversation isn't to your liking, but you've only chosen to talk to the "cybermob" and not to the person or people who offered to engage in authentic discussion.

Edit: Withdrew "fuck you" on the grounds of this being the personal issues and support section. I'll play nice and play by the rules.
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
Thread Closed