The average YouTube atheist accourding to Dr. Craig

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2012, 01:51 PM
The average YouTube atheist accourding to Dr. Craig
Here is a video of Dr. Craig giving his opinion on the "average" youtube atheist. The comments from the theists are hilarious. Most of them praise the video or talk about how deluded, stupid, or foul mouthed atheists are. One person even claimed that the rapidly growing number of dislikes was an atheist conspiracy. The video was obviously made to illicit a negative response. Many prominent YT atheists have been making videos that point out Dr. Craig's hypocrisy and weak arguments. This apparently pissed him off enough to make this.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: The average YouTube atheist accourding to Dr. Craig
Well it's hard to argue with cold hard facts like his. I'm s little creeped out that he apparently has access to technology that allows him to look into the lives of every atheist on youtube.... But there it is. Time to start wearing pants while on the computer again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 7 users Like lucradis's post
23-02-2012, 02:43 PM
And I would just like to add that all women generalise.
Find all posts by this user
23-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Apparently there are no atheist philosophers who have studied theology on YouTube.Dodgy
It's good to be informed.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post
23-02-2012, 11:01 PM
(23-02-2012 06:21 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Apparently there are no atheist philosophers who have studied theology on YouTube.Dodgy

If you actually payed attention to what Craig said, you'd know that he said "some" youtube atheists, who attack Christianity and put out these absurd angry diatribes against Christianity or theism.

That seems rather selective to me. Nowhere did he say all, or even the 'average' atheist, as this topic title misleading suggests. The posts in this thread only seem to reinforce Craig's view of not studying philosophy and being emotionally driven as they manage to take a 40 second clip completely out of context.
24-02-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 11:11 AM by kineo.)
(23-02-2012 02:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  But there it is. Time to start wearing pants while on the computer again.

Awww, nuts!

(put them away!)

(23-02-2012 11:01 PM)cLOUDDEAD Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 06:21 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Apparently there are no atheist philosophers who have studied theology on YouTube.Dodgy

If you actually payed attention to what Craig said, you'd know that he said "some" youtube atheists, who attack Christianity and put out these absurd angry diatribes against Christianity or theism.

That seems rather selective to me. Nowhere did he say all, or even the 'average' atheist, as this topic title misleading suggests. The posts in this thread only seem to reinforce Craig's view of not studying philosophy and being emotionally driven as they manage to take a 40 second clip completely out of context.

Ah no, the context is quite clear (and reenforced by the tile card on the video). He's making a broad sweep about atheists on YouTube and what he calls "internet infidels". Sure, he phrased it in a way that you can't say that it's inclusive of all atheists on the internet, but it's pretty inclusive of all atheists on the who "attack" theism (which is probably a great deal of the people who identify as atheists on YouTube; it's unnecessary to announce your atheism unless you're intending to talk about it). I'm sure that he wouldn't be at all upset if his comment was interpreted that way by other Christians but he is still able to deny any generalization by using selective-sounding words.

But let's say he is speaking specifically about YouTubers who make a habit of debating theists or debunking theist claims (again, which is probably the majority of atheists that bother to identify as atheists on YouTube- otherwise, why bring up that you're an atheist if you don't want to talk about it?)- even then he's making a broad generalization amongst that subsection of atheists. "They think that they are more educated but they haven't studied philosophy or theology." So peoples' scoffing at WLC for this is understandable, because how can he possibly know such things without making ridiculously broad generalizations? He can't.

And also, welcome to the TTA forums cLOUDDEAD! Maybe you can make an introduction post and tell us a bit about yourself? Smile

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm not here to support "all YouTube atheists". Some are obnoxious, some are intelligent, some are both... some are helpful, some only cause more problems, some do a little of both... it's a mixed bag. But the point of this video is clearly intended to take a swipe against a generic subsection of people on YouTube. And even then, it misses the mark of an intelligent comment by WLC.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like kineo's post
24-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Craig is yet ANOTHER theist that does not apply any type of universally accepted method to confirm his position. He is no smarter than a pigeon in a Skinner Box.
As a puny "YouTube Atheist" having had my share of interludes with religious dunderheads, I can say with certainty that the VAST majority of the theological community there is a most unreasonable sort.
Craig claims free discussion and debate but does not in reality allow it to occur like most all of the others.
He is an advocate of full on censorship, blocking users who support Science while avoiding critical questions to his position.

Yeah, that makes us angry and has begun to bring out a more aggressive position by a larger and larger number of us. He can spread his cancerous ideas without opposition only in his own little world.

Theologians on YouTube keep their ratings disabled because they can't take the agony of defeat! There is no "conspiracy" to thumb them down. They are just dumb and stupid and warrant a negative vote by the growing number of people that are finally waking up.

The entire "DrCraigVideos" saga currently underway clearly and obviously demonstrates the deceptive and simply vacant methods used to maintain this silly dogma.

Yep, he drives people like me, a non movie maker, to get aggravated enough to make a series of cheesy videos like this.
Whatever. Just my little bit of water to toss onto a sickening and smelly fire.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
24-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Well, you can't argue with prejudice.

Really, you can't... it's a waste of time.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
24-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Did this guy register purely for the purpose of white knighting for Craig in his video?

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
24-02-2012, 07:03 PM
(23-02-2012 11:01 PM)cLOUDDEAD Wrote:  

So I stand corrected. There are "SOME" YouTube atheists that are sort of clueless. First, they got the atheist part right, which puts them ahead of DR Craig Theologian right away.

Craig chooses to attack this group for what reason? To paint all atheists with the same brush. Old trick, new dog. Nothing interesting in what Craig has to say.

You also do not have to study philosophy to understand that Christianity is just made up stuff. I have studied philosophy and only gained better arguments for what I believe.

I applaud these young courageous kids for getting on the net and spreading the truth to humanity.

Your (christians) time is over. Like Greek mythology. Except you will not be replaced by another fabricated myth, but human wisdom.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some facepalm moments my mum said to me after finding out I am atheist... TheLogicalAthiest 11 270 23-07-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 109 22-07-2014 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  It takes more faith to be an Atheist TheKetola 40 3,689 18-07-2014 01:29 PM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library Near 164 15,442 13-07-2014 12:41 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible Jeremy E Walker 183 3,137 24-06-2014 04:40 PM
Last Post: Anna
  Favorite Atheist Misconception? =jesse= 45 966 14-06-2014 10:34 PM
Last Post: Sam
  An atheist is not a kafir? rizzzzzzzzzzzz 17 286 13-06-2014 04:48 AM
Last Post: Charis