The average YouTube atheist accourding to Dr. Craig

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 10:56 AM
RE: The average YouTube atheist accourding to Dr. Craig
Not surprised that comments were disabled. That's why I rarely engage in YouTube comments. YouTube commenting feels like the lowest form of communication available. It feels like even smoke signals allow for more characters and a higher level of discussion. You can't censor my smoke signals man! Big Grin

Ah, I know, hyperbole. But really, it's so difficult for me to get my point across on YouTube that I tend not to bother. Plus, the whole thing about not being able to use hyperlinks or link to other videos is crap. It's a terrible debate platform aside from the videos themselves.

Anyway, that's all beside the point. Lots of religious people tend not to be able to deal with people talking down their faith. So they'd rather shout it down, or ignore it and then veer the discussion to something else.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
16-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Every youtube I've been to where WLC vids feature, the comments have been disabled. For a guy who is supposed to be a Christian superstar, his crew sure shy away from defending him. Tongue

And yeah, youtube debate is mostly, fuck u dweeb!

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-03-2012, 05:59 PM
I like how he attacks us by calling us 'infidels' and then says. "They attack theism." Fuckn hypocryte.

But yes we attack theism. We attack Bibullshit.

But i do agree with his statement that many act like they have a degree in philosophy or physics or whatever and really they don't know. But that goes to both theism and agnostics. And it's mostly theist who cant face the facts that act like they know what they are talking about. As matter of fact, agnostic/atheist are willing to say IDK but lets not make up an answer.

If we don't have a degree in something it's important for us to listen to the experts in the fields they study. What the hell makes Dr. Craig smarter than all of the geologist right now and the thousands of geologists in the past who through a combined effort conclude what we know about the earth today. Same with people who have masters degree in physics or philosophy etc. you get my point.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
16-03-2012, 06:11 PM
(16-03-2012 05:59 PM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I like how he attacks us by calling us 'infidels' and then says. "They attack theism." Fuckn hypocryte.

But i do agree with his statement that many act like they have a degree in philosophy or physics or whatever and really they don't know. But that goes to both theism and agnostics. And it's mostly theist who cant face the facts that act like they know what they are talking about. As matter of fact, agnostic/atheist are willing to say IDK but lets not make up an answer.

If we don't have a degree in something it's important for us to listen to the experts in the fields they study. What the hell makes Dr. Craig smarter than all of the geologist right now and the thousands of geologists in the past who through a combined effort conclude what we know about the earth today. Same with people who have masters degree in physics or philosophy etc. you get my point.

Infidels is not an attack... it's literally true by definition. And I think you're misrepresenting him anyway in saying that his argument is that "attacking theism is bad". If he was, then he would be a hypocrite to attack atheism (which is clearly true, name-calling or not).

Dr. Craig is also not a literal-bible believer, so he would not argue with geologists about the age of the Earth or anything that you suppose he might fight with them about.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I think it's important that your argument is fair and logical. We expect it of our opponents, too.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
16-03-2012, 07:12 PM
(16-03-2012 06:11 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 05:59 PM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I like how he attacks us by calling us 'infidels' and then says. "They attack theism." Fuckn hypocryte.

Infidels is not an attack... it's literally true by definition. And I think you're misrepresenting him anyway in saying that his argument is that "attacking theism is bad". If he was, then he would be a hypocrite to attack atheism (which is clearly true, name-calling or not).

Dr. Craig is also not a literal-bible believer, so he would not argue with geologists about the age of the Earth or anything that you suppose he might fight with them about.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I think it's important that your argument is fair and logical. We expect it of our opponents, too.
fair enough.

You obviously know more about craig than me.

But what i guess i have a hard time with is, isn't he christian? Christ quoted and endorses the OT. How can you not take the bible literal in some aspects? For example, Did Noah not really put 2 species of animal on the boat. Is all that kind of talk metaphoric or symbolic to him?

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
[+] 2 users Like Atheist Chiefs fan!'s post
16-03-2012, 07:23 PM
(16-03-2012 07:12 PM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  But what i guess i have a hard time with is, isn't he christian? Christ quoted and endorses the OT. How can you not take the bible literal in some aspects? For example, Did Noah not really put 2 species of animal on the boat. Is all that kind of talk metaphoric or symbolic to him?

Apparently I'm the wrong guy to ask about that. I was a Christian many years ago, but I believed in the literal bible. I was shocked when I learned that there were people who believed in what science had to say about the universe but also believed the bible --- just not literally. They do exist, though. There's a frequent poster on this site named Kingschosen who is among them, and he could explain why he believes in the bible despite not believing in tales like Noah's Ark. To those people, these tales are like Aesop's Fables... not meant to be true stories, but rather lessons.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
18-03-2012, 12:17 PM
So, according to Craig, you have to be a theologian in order to be an atheist? Theology is the subject of studying nothing and calling it "God."
Craig's so-called arguments were destroyed by David Hume hundreds of years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Blood's post
19-03-2012, 09:05 AM
[Image: MFEGlV.gif]

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
19-03-2012, 09:47 AM
(18-03-2012 12:17 PM)Blood Wrote:  So, according to Craig, you have to be a theologian in order to be an atheist? Theology is the subject of studying nothing and calling it "God."
Craig's so-called arguments were destroyed by David Hume hundreds of years ago.

No, I think his point is that in order to publicly speak about theology as if we understand it- then we should have studied it in higher education. The same is apparently not true for those who just decide to believe it, though.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
19-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry, he's a Dr.? I've never seen any official papers from him...did I miss them or...?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.