The awkwardness of being a non-traditional Christian...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2012, 11:44 AM
The awkwardness of being a non-traditional Christian...
...while being around traditional Christians.

It's weird... it's like being a double agent. I mainly just nod and smile because, honestly, it's not worth the hassle of of moving my mouth to form words in a rebuttal.

But for some reason, just because I'm a Christian, it's assumed that I:

1) Don't believe in evolution.
1B) Since I don't believe in evolution and I'm a Creationist, I am a Young Earth Creationist.
2) Believe in a pre-trib/dispensationalist account of Revelation.
3) Hate gay people and think they are all sinners.
4) Think all atheists are lost, sinful heathens who get direction from Lucifer himself.
5) Hate black people and it's okay to make a racist comment (maybe this is because I'm white).
6) Think all Mormons are crazy and all Catholics are sinners and are going to hell.
7) Think all Muslims are evil, evil people and have an evil religion authored by the fingers of Satan and that anyone who follows this religion is an abomination to humanity.
8) Thinks that I agree with the notion of "God cleansing the world of sinners" after a tragic event such as a tornado, tsunami, or earthquake.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 11:57 AM
RE: The awkwardness of being a non-traditional Christian...
(09-03-2012 11:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...while being around traditional Christians.

It's weird... it's like being a double agent. I mainly just nod and smile because, honestly, it's not worth the hassle of of moving my mouth to form words in a rebuttal.

But for some reason, just because I'm a Christian, it's assumed that I:

1) Don't believe in evolution.
1B) Since I don't believe in evolution and I'm a Creationist, I am a Young Earth Creationist.
2) Believe in a pre-trib/dispensationalist account of Revelation.
3) Hate gay people and think they are all sinners.
4) Think all atheists are lost, sinful heathens who get direction from Lucifer himself.
5) Hate black people and it's okay to make a racist comment (maybe this is because I'm white).
6) Think all Mormons are crazy and all Catholics are sinners and are going to hell.
7) Think all Muslims are evil, evil people and have an evil religion authored by the fingers of Satan and that anyone who follows this religion is an abomination to humanity.
8) Thinks that I agree with the notion of "God cleansing the world of sinners" after a tragic event such as a tornado, tsunami, or earthquake.

It is unfortunate that so many are ready to make assumptions based on one facet of a person. The simple fact of the matter is that there will always be dumbasses, doesn't matter if your christian, muslin or fsm you will meet them.

The racism thing is because you are white, I have had that a few times. I instantly explode and make them feel as awkward as possible (my wife and kids are of mixed colour) in the hope that out of embarrassment they will keep their mouth shut in the future. Making something socially embarrassing is the quickest way to make it unacceptable.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Eternal's post
09-03-2012, 12:03 PM
1) Don't believe in evolution. Well you should.. freakin' heathen.
1B) Since I don't believe in evolution and I'm a Creationist, I am a Young Earth Creationist. Again... heathen.
2) Believe in a pre-trib/dispensationalist account of Revelation. You'd better be ready for the trumpet!
3) Hate gay people and think they are all sinners. They're just jelly
4) Think all atheists are lost, sinful heathens who get direction from Lucifer himself. We do get our direction from Lucy. Is that so wrong?
5) Hate black people and it's okay to make a racist comment (maybe this is because I'm white). You work in the South...? Undecided
6) Think all Mormons are crazy and all Catholics are sinners and are going to hell. Mormons are crazy and Catholics are going to purgatory.
7) Think all Muslims are evil, evil people and have an evil religion authored by the fingers of Satan and that anyone who follows this religion is an abomination to humanity. We don't get our orders from the say person as them, sorry.
8) Thinks that I agree with the notion of "God cleansing the world of sinners" after a tragic event such as a tornado, tsunami, or earthquake. Does everyone there watch the 700 club?
[+] 5 users Like kineo's post
09-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Even the Veridicans judge you.

It's clear you are a cultist.

Or an atheist waiting to happen!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
09-03-2012, 03:09 PM
(09-03-2012 03:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Even the Veridican judges you.

It's clear you are a cultist.

Or an atheist waiting to happen!

fix't

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
09-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm still loving your sig. Benny Hinn... surely people wake up years later and have a facepalm moment?

KC, Mr Non-traditional, is this what the guys at your church are like?
09-03-2012, 03:31 PM
(09-03-2012 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm still loving your sig. Benny Hinn... surely people wake up years later and have a facepalm moment?

KC, Mr Non-traditional, is this what the guys at your church are like?

No indeed.

The people at my church act like normal human beings.

Word of Faith goobers are a different breed of insanity.

09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
(09-03-2012 03:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No indeed.

Lol. Your spending too much time with atheists, even you just implied that your beliefs are insanity.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Eternal's post
09-03-2012, 03:35 PM
(09-03-2012 03:34 PM)Eternal Wrote:  
(09-03-2012 03:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No indeed.

Lol. Your spending too much time with atheists, even you just implied that your beliefs are insanity.

Nah.

Just when in Rome.

09-03-2012, 03:43 PM
(09-03-2012 03:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nah.

Just when in Rome.

... be as nutty as the Romans? I can work with that. Now bring me... A SHRUBBERY!
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post